Posted on 2018-01-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven Monroe Lipkin | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0807074578 | ISBN13: 9780807074572 |
Description: Almost every week, another exciting headline appears about new advances in the field of genetics. Genetic testing is experiencing the kind of exponential growth once seen with the birth of the Internet, while the plummeting cost of DNA sequencing makes it increasingly accessible for individuals and families. Steven Lipkin and Jon Luoma posit that today's genomics is like the last century's nuclear physics: a powerful tool for good if used correctly, but potentially dangerous nonetheless. DNA testing is likely the most exciting advance in a long time for treating serious disease, but sequencing errors, complex biology, and problems properly interpreting genetic data can also cause life-threatening misdiagnoses of patients with debilitating and fatal genetic diseases. DNA testing can also lead to unnecessary procedures and significantly higher health-care costs. And just around the corner is the ability to cure genetic diseases using powerful gene-editing technologies that are already being used in human embryo research. Welcome to the Age of Genomes! The Age of Genomes immerses readers in true stories of patients on the frontier of genomic medicine and explores both the transformative potential and risks of genetic technology. It will inform anxious parents increasingly bombarded by offers of costly new prenatal testing products, and demonstrate how genetic technology, when deployed properly, can significantly improve the lives of patients who have devastating neurological diseases, cancer, and other maladies. Dr. Lipkin explains the science in depth, but in terms a layperson can follow.
The Age of Genomes: Tales from the Front Lines of Genetic Medicine.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35204
- 2020-04-16The Age of Genomes: Tales from the Front Lines of Genetic Medicine
- 2016-12-11The Age of Genomes Tales from the Front Lines of Genetic Medicine
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride - Removed
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Book 1)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Book 6)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Born to Endless Night (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Book 9)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Mr. Kafka: And Other Tales from the Time of the Cult
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Protecting Intellectual Freedom in Your Academic Library: Scenarios from the Front Lines (Intellectual Freedom Front Lines)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Cops, Teachers, Counselors: Stories from the Front Lines of Public Service
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Homefront Horrors: Frights Away From the Front Lines, 1914-1918 (Dover Mystery, Detective, Ghost Stories and Other Fiction)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Call of Nursing: Stories from the Front Lines of Health Care
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Eating Bitterness: Stories from the Front Lines of China's Great Urban Migration
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Hemp Bound: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Next Agricultural Revolution
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Front-Line Leader: Building a High-Performance Organization from the Ground Up
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Chinese Rules: Mao's Dog, Deng's Cat, and Five Timeless Lessons from the Front Lines in China - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.