Posted on 2017-10-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kwasi Kwarteng | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 161039562X |
Description: In six months, Margaret Thatcher reinvented her political party and redefined modern conservatism in one of the greatest feats of modern political leadership. In 1981, less than two years after she had been elected as Britainâ€™s first woman prime minister, Margaret Thatcher was deemed unpopular and out of touch. Unemployment had risen to levels not seen since the 1930s, and the stateâ€™s finances were foundering. Her chancellor of the exchequer delivered what became known as the â€˜no hopeâ€™ budget in March, which marked the beginning of a period of an almost unprecedentedly broad range of political challenges: hunger strikes and violent protests in Northern Ireland, urban riots in London and Liverpool, and visible discontent with Thatcher from within the Conservative Party. And yet by September 14, when Thatcher sacked 4 mutinous grandees from her cabinet, the prime minister had firmly reasserted her authority. These extraordinary six months would come to define the Conservative Partyâ€™s most successful and modern leader, who reshaped the ideas and direction of conservatism around the world. To her detractors she may have been a harsh, uncaring and dogmatic leader who made the country a more unequal, materialistic and brutal place, but to her supporters, she was nothing less than a Conservative savior who prevented Britain from becoming an ungovernable socialist state. The 1983 general election would prove a triumph. Kwasi Kwarteng intimately captures this shopkeeperâ€™s daughterâ€™s unique leadership qualitiesâ€”from her pulpit-style and New Testament imagery to her emphasis on personal moral responsibilityâ€”that saw her through some of the most adverse conditions facing any world leader in modern peacetime.
Thatcher's Trial: 180 Days That Created a Conservative Icon.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32148
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Thatcher's Trial: 180 Days That Created a Conservative Icon
- 2019-01-03Thatcher's Trial 180 Days that Created a Conservative Icon
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Christ's Ventriloquists: The Event that Created Christianity
- 2012-06-25Nothing to Fear - FDR's Inner Circle and the Hundred Days That Created Modern America (Audiobook)
- 2012-06-24Nothing to Fear - FDR's Inner Circle and the Hundred Days That Created Modern America (Audiobook)
- 2012-06-15Nothing to Fear: FDR's Inner Circle and the Hundred Days That Created Modern America (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2011-11-07Nothing to Fear: FDRs Inner Circle and the Hundred Days That Created Modern America (audiobooK)
- 2011-11-05Nothing to Fear: FDR's Inner Circle and the Hundred Days That Created Modern America (AudiobooK)
- 2011-11-05Nothing to Fear: FDR's Inner Circle and the Hundred Days That Created Modern America [Audiobook]
- 2019-08-06*(Incredible) - Why You Should Read 180 Days: Two Teachers and the Quest to Engage and Empower Adolescents by Kelly Gallagher Online or Download [!PDF !EPUB !MOBI]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] December 1941: Twelve Days that Began a World War
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Days That Changed the World: The 50 Defining Events of World History
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Vegan Way: 21 Days to a Happier, Healthier Plant-Based Lifestyle That Will Transform Your Home, Your Diet, and You - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Thinner in 30: Small Changes That Add Up to Big Weight Loss in Just 30 Days
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Biennials, Triennials, and Documenta: The Exhibitions that Created Contemporary Art
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Big Week: Six Days that Changed the Course of World War II - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Siege of Washington: The Untold Story of the Twelve Days That Shook the Union
- 2017-12-24[PDF] December 1941: 31 Days that Changed America and Saved the World
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Seven Days That Divide the World: The Beginning According to Genesis and Science
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.