Posted on 2017-11-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jane M. Rausch | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0813044669 |
Description: â€œAn important contribution to Colombian historical writing. Rauschâ€™s works have helped orient and stimulate a school of historical writing in Colombia.â€â€”James D. Henderson, author of Modernization in Colombia: The Laureano Gomez Years, 1889â€“1965 â€œWith this fourth and final volume, Rausch completes her authoritative cycle of studies charting the history of Colombiaâ€™s Llanos Orientales. Her work can take its rightful place alongside that of Orlando Fals Bordaâ€™s innovative four-volume exploration of the Colombian Atlantic coast, Historia Doble de la Costa.â€â€”W. John Green, author of Gaitanismo, Left Liberalism, and Popular Mobilization in Colombia Prior to the 1980s, Colombiaâ€™s Llanos Orientales was a vast plain of tropical grassland east of the Andes. Populated mainly by indigenous people, the area was considered â€œprimitiveâ€ until exploitable petroleum deposits were discovered. The finding transformed the Llanos into the fastest growing region in the country. In this volume, Jane Rausch surveys sixty years of history in the Llanos, between 1946 and 2010, combining perspective gained by her first-hand experiences with archival research. She examines the Colombian governmentâ€™s Llanos policies and the political, economic, and social changes they have brought about. Rauschâ€™s large-scale historical survey of the region ultimately reveals that as a South American frontier, the Llanos is politically and economically critical to both Colombiaâ€™s present and its future.
Territorial Rule in Colombia and the Transformation of the Llanos Orientales.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33407
- 2017-10-23[PDF] World Rule: Accountability, Legitimacy, and the Design of Global Governance
- 2017-01-12[PDF] World Rule: Accountability, Legitimacy, and the Design of Global Governance
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Forgotten Peace: Reform, Violence, and the Making of Contemporary Colombia (Violence in Latin American History)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Reframing: Neuro-linguistic Programming and The Transformation of Meaning
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Passing Rhythms: Liverpool FC and the Transformation of Football
- 2018-01-02[PDF] After Redemption: Jim Crow and the Transformation of African American Religion in the Delta, 1875-1915
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Work of Recognition: Caribbean Colombia and the Postemancipation Struggle for Citizenship
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Counter-Terrorism, Human Rights and the Rule of Law: Crossing Legal Boundaries in Defence of the State
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Looking South: Race, Gender and the Transformation of Labor from Reconstruction to Globalization
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Home Rule: Households, Manhood, and National Expansion on the Eighteenth-Century Kentucky Frontier (The Lamar Series in Western History)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Old Northumbrian Verbal Morphosyntax and the (Northern) Subject Rule (NOWELE Supplement Series)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Legal Doctrines of the Rule of Law and the Legal State (Rechtsstaat) (Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice) - Removed
- 2017-10-11[PDF] A Rule for Children and Other Writings (The Other Voice in Early Modern Europe) - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Breathless: Sound Recording, Disembodiment, and the Transformation of Lyrical Nostalgia
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Home Rule: Households, Manhood, and National Expansion on the Eighteenth-Century Kentucky Frontier (The Lamar Series in Western History)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] A Rule for Children and Other Writings (The Other Voice in Early Modern Europe)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] After Redemption: Jim Crow and the Transformation of African American Religion in the Delta, 1875-1915
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.