Posted on 2018-01-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lucy Russell | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 0826499074 | ISBN13: 9780826499073 |
Description: If we expose students to a study of human suffering, we have a responsibility to guide them through it. But, is this the role of school history? Is the rationale behind teaching the Holocaust primarily historical, moral or social? Is the Holocaust to be taught as a historical event, with a view to developing students' critical historical skills, or as a tool to combat continuing prejudice and discrimination? These profound questions lie at the heart of Lucy Russell's fascinating analysis of teaching the Holocaust in school history. She considers how the topic of the Holocaust is currently being taught in schools in the UK and overseas. Drawing on interviews with educationalists, academics and teachers, she discovers that there is, in fact, a surprising lack of consensus regarding the purpose of, and approaches to, teaching the Holocaust in history. Indeed the majority view is distinctly non-historical there is a tendency to teach the Holocaust from a social and moral perspective and not as history. This book attempts to explain and debate this phenomenon.
Teaching the Holocaust in School History: Teachers or Preachers?.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35011
- 2014-02-12Teaching the Holocaust in School History: Teachers or Preachers?
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Teaching the Holocaust: Educational Dimensions, Principles and Practice
- 2019-07-08^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read The Holocaust: A New History by Laurence Rees Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI] - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Holocaust: A New History
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Teaching the Information Generation: Strategies for Helping Primary Readers Understand the Fact-Filled Texts They Encounter Throughout Their School Years (Theory and Practice)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Using IT in Primary School History (Children, Teachers and Learning)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Constructing a Collective Memory of the Holocaust: A Life History of Two Brothers' Survival
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Remembering: Voices of the Holocaust: A New History in the Words of the Men and Women Who Survived
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Teaching the Information Generation: Strategies for Helping Primary Readers Understand the Fact-Filled Texts They Encounter Throughout Their School Years (Theory and Practice)
- 2017-01-16[PDF] Using IT in Primary School History (Children, Teachers and Learning)
- 2018-11-15Women in the Holocaust A Feminist History
- 2018-10-07Have a Little Faith Religion, Democracy, and the American Public School (History and Philosophy of Education Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Stalin: The Man of Steel (History)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Frederick the Great: A Military History
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Teaching the Historical Jesus: Issues and Exegesis (Routledge Studies in Religion)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Teaching the Common Core Literature Standards in Grades 2-5: Strategies, Mentor Texts, and Units of Study
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Teaching the Arts: Early Childhood and Primary Education - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Jack the Ripper (Pocket Essentials: History)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Jack the Ripper (Pocket Essentials: History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.