Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cheryl Anne Combs | Publisher: Nova Science Pub Inc | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 190 | ISBN: 1634841506 | ISBN13: 9781634841504 |
Description: Tannins constitute a heterogeneous group of polyphenolic compounds, present in a considerable number of vegetable foods. The term tannin is derived from the properties of these compounds to interact and precipitate macromolecules, such as proteins, make them able to tan animal leather. Subsequently a general definition for tannins emerged, referring them as high molecular weight polyphenols that precipitate protein from solution. The first chapter of this book begins with a discussion on the adsorbent biopolymers from tannin extracts for water treatment. The second chapter presents the influences of sensory and psychosocial factors on the intake of tannin-rich foods and beverages. Chapter three investigates condensed tannins derived from grapes and their antioxidant and antimicrobial activity. Chapter four provides a review of the latest research in the extraction of tannins from grapes and how tannin structure can influence wine astringency. The tannin chemistry diversity and its occurrence in ruminant diets, as well as its beneficial and adverse effects on ruminants will be briefly reviewed in chapter five, and aspects related to oral cavity physiology, saliva production/composition and postingestive effects will be also be referred. The final chapter evaluates milk composition of crossbred dairy goats fed Tifton 85 grass replaced by flemingia.
Tannins: Biochemistry, Food Sources and Nutritional Properties (Biochemistry Research Trends).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35626
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Kaempferol: Biosynthesis, Food Sources and Therapeutic Uses (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- 2020-07-25Kaempferol: Biosynthesis, Food Sources and Therapeutic Uses (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Handbook of Food Science and Technology 3: Food Biochemistry and Technology
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Listeria Monocytogenes: Food Sources, Prevalence and Management Strategies (Bacteriology Research Developments)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Glutathione: Dietary Sources, Role in Cellular Functions and Therapeutic Effects (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Dietary Fiber: Production Challenges, Food Sources and Health Benefits (Nutrition and Diet Research Progress)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Vitamin B12: Chemical Aspects, Transport, Cause and Symptoms of Deficiency, Dietary Sources, and Health Benefits (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2021-08-29Genomics of Plant Genetic Resources Volume 2. Crop productivity, food security and nutritional quality - Removed
- 2020-07-25Vitamin B12: Chemical Aspects, Transport, Cause and Symptoms of Deficiency, Dietary Sources, and Health Benefits (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- 2020-05-29Genomics of Plant Genetic Resources: Volume 2. Crop productivity, food security and nutritional quality
- 2020-05-22Glutathione: Dietary Sources, Role in Cellular Functions and Therapeutic Effects (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Sweetpotato: Major Pests, Diseases and Nutritional Disorders
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Amorphous Semiconductors: Structural, Optical, and Electronic Properties
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Macromolecular Systems: Microscopic Interactions and Macroscopic Properties Final Report
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Graphene Science Handbook: Mechanical and Chemical Properties (Volume 4)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Edible Mushrooms: Chemical Composition and Nutritional Value
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Guide to Food Safety and Quality During Transportation: Controls, Standards and Practices
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.