[PDF] Sustainable Revolution: Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide
Posted on 2017-10-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Juliana Birnbaum, Louis Fox | Category: Environmental Engineering | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 1583946489 | ISBN13: 9781583946480 |
Description: Urban gardeners. Native seed-saving collectives. Ecovillage developments. What is the connection between these seemingly disparate groups? The ecological design system of permaculture is the common thread that weaves them into a powerful, potentially revolutionaryâ€”or reevolutionaryâ€”movement. Permaculture is a philosophy based on common ethics of sustainable cultures throughout history that have designed settlements according to nature's patterns and lived within its bounds. As a movement that has been building momentum for the past 40 years, it now is taking form as a growing network of sites developed with the intention of regenerating local ecologies and economies. Permaculture strategies can be used by individuals, groups, or nations to address basic human needs such as food, water, energy, and housing. As a species, humans are being called forth to evolve, using our collective intelligence to meet the challenges of the future. Yet if we are to survive our collective planetary crisis, we need to revisit history, integrating successful systems from sustainable cultures. To boldly confront our position on the brink of the earth's carrying capacity and make changes that incorporate the wisdom of the past is truly revolutionary. Sustainable Revolution features the work of a worldwide network of visionaries, including journalists, activists, indigenous leaders and permaculturists such as David Holmgren, Vandana Shiva, Charles Eisenstein, Starhawk, Erik Assadourian, Victoria Tauli-Corpuz, Albert Bates, and Geoff Lawton. This beautifully photographed collection of profiles, interviews, and essays features 60 innovative community-based projects in diverse climates across the planet. Edited by anthropologist Juliana Birnbaum Fox and award-winning activist filmmaker Louis Fox, it can be read as an informal ethnography of an international culture that is modeling solutions on the cutting edge of social and environmental change. The research presented in the book frames the permaculture movement as a significant ally to marginalized groups, such as the urban poor and native communities resisting the pressures of globalization. Sustainable Revolution uplifts and inspires with its amazing array of dynamic activists and thriving, vibrant communities.
Sustainable Revolution: Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6522 dl's @ 2957 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9161 dl's @ 3630 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
7736 dl's @ 3203 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Sustainable Revolution: Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 32035
- 2014-04-17Sustainable Revolution Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide
- 2014-04-08Sustainable Revolution: Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide
- 2014-04-07Sustainable Revolution: Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Sustainable High Rise Buildings in Urban Zones: Advantages, Challenges, and Global Case Studies - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Sustainable Product-Service Systems: Between Strategic Design and Transition Studies (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology / PoliMI SpringerBriefs) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Racism, Revolution, Reaction, 1861-1877: The Rise and Fall of Radical Reconstruction
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Bread Revolution: World-Class Baking with Sprouted and Whole Grains, Heirloom Flours, and Fresh Techniques
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Sustainable Water Management in Smallholder Farming: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Biophilic Cities: Integrating Nature into Urban Design and Planning
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Art Revolution: Alternative Approaches for Fine Artists and Illustrators - Removed
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Sustainable Plastics: Environmental Assessments of Biobased, Biodegradable, and Recycled Plastics
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Sustainable Solar Housing: Volume 2 - Exemplary Buildings and Technologies
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Sustainable Transportation Systems: Planning, Design, Build, Manage, and Maintenance
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Sustainable Livelihood Approach: A Critique of Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Sustainable On-Site CHP Systems: Design, Construction, and Operations
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Holding Our Ground: Protecting America's Farms And Farmland
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Sustainable Development in Rural China: Field Survey and Sino-Japan Comparative Analysis [German] - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Sustainable Investing for Institutional Investors: Risk, Regulations and Strategies
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Post-Revolution Nonfiction Film: Building the Soviet and Cuban Nations
No comments for "[PDF] Sustainable Revolution: Permaculture in Ecovillages, Urban Farms, and Communities Worldwide".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.