Posted on 2017-12-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Donald A. Bruce | Publisher: CRC Press | Category: Technics | Language: English | Page: 447 | ISBN: 0415781949 | ISBN13: 9780415781947 |
Description: Dam and levee remediation has become more prevalent since the start of the twenty-first century. Given the vastness and complexity of the infrastructures involved, keeping up with maintenance needs is very difficult. Major surges in repair are usually triggered by natureâ€™s wake-up calls, such as hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes. The challenge has been to develop methods that ensure safe, effective, reliable, and robust solutions for current and future remediation issues. Specialty Construction Techniques for Dam and Levee Remediation presents the state of practice in North American dam and levee remediation as it relates to the use of specialty geotechnical construction techniques, such as anchors, grouting, cutoff (diaphragm) walls, and deep mixing. The book focuses on the actual construction processes, describing design and performance aspects of remediation where appropriate. Chapters deal with the application of drilling and grouting methods, methods to install mix-in-place (category 2) cutoff structures, excavated and backfilled trenches (category 1), composite cutoff walls, and stabilization using prestressed rock anchors. The book also provides a comprehensive guide to dam and levee instrumentation, covering planning, operating principles, data management, staffing, and automation. As an educational and salutary example of ineffective efforts, the final chapter presents a case history of a series of remediations performed on a single project, which ultimately proved unsuccessful. A wide range of methods has been developed in response to the challenges that arise in the dam and levee remediation arena and the need for a competitive edge. These new methods are designed and monitored using state-of-the-art techniques, giving rise to the emergence of new intensity and initiative in this field. This book captures this transformation by examining the theory and practice of contemporary remedial techniques, using recent U.S. case histories to provide knowledge and inspiration to readers, both in North America and around the world.
Specialty Construction Techniques for Dam and Levee Remediation.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34058
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Specialty Construction Techniques for Dam and Levee Remediation
- 2019-03-25Specialty Construction Techniques for Dam and Levee Remediation
- 2013-11-14Specialty Construction Techniques for Dam and Levee Remediation - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Survival Analysis: Techniques for Censored and Truncated Data (Statistics for Biology and Health) - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Getaway: Driving Techniques for Evasion and Escape
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Photographing Headshots: Techniques for Lighting and Posing the Close-Up
- 2018-01-05[PDF] VLSI Design Techniques for Analog and Digital Circuits (McGraw-Hill Series in Electrical Engineering)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Information Hiding Techniques for Steganography and Digital Watermarking
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Existing Light Techniques for Wedding and Portrait Photography
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Getaway: Driving Techniques for Evasion and Escape (Breakout Productions)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Decision Diagram Techniques for Micro- and Nanoelectronic Design Handbook
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Computational Intelligence Techniques for Trading and Investment
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Audio Editing Techniques for Instructors and Professionals
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Computational Intelligence Techniques for Trading and Investment
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Practical Design Calculations for Groundwater and Soil Remediation, Second Edition
- 2019-07-29&(Awesome) - Why You Should Read The Hand-Stitched Surface: Slow Stitching and Mixed-Media Techniques for Fabric and Paper by Lynn Krawczyk Online or Download [PDF - EPUB - MOBI]
- 2020-09-20Watercolor Techniques for Artists and Illustrators: Learn How to Paint Landscapes, People, Still Lifes, and More (True PDF)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Architectural Drawing Course: Tools and Techniques for 2D and 3D Representation
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Constraint Satisfaction Techniques for Agent-Based Reasoning (Whitestein Series in Software Agent Technologies and Autonomic Computing) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.