[PDF] Solving Computationally Expensive Engineering Problems: Methods and Applications (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Slawomir Koziel and Leifur Leifsson | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 335 | ISBN: 3319089846 | ISBN13: 9783319089843 |
Description: Computational complexity is a serious bottleneck for the design process in virtually any engineering area. While migration from prototyping and experimental-based design validation to verification using computer simulation models is inevitable and has a number of advantages, high computational costs of accurate, high-fidelity simulations can be a major issue that slows down the development of computer-aided design methodologies, particularly those exploiting automated design improvement procedures, e.g., numerical optimization. The continuous increase of available computational resources does not always translate into shortening of the design cycle because of the growing demand for higher accuracy and necessity to simulate larger and more complex systems. Accurate simulation of a single design of a given system may be as long as several hours, days or even weeks, which often makes design automation using conventional methods impractical or even prohibitive. Additional problems include numerical noise often present in the simulation data, possible presence of multiple locally optimum designs, as well as multiple conflicting objectives. In this edited book, various techniques that can alleviate solving computationally expensive engineering design problems are presented. One of the most promising approaches is the use of fast replacement models, so-called surrogates, that reliably represent the expensive, simulation-based model of the system/device of interest but they are much cheaper and analytically tractable. Here, a group of international experts summarize recent developments in the area and demonstrate applications in various disciplines of engineering and science. The main purpose of the work is to provide the basic concepts and formulations of the surrogate-based modeling and optimization paradigm, as well as discuss relevant modeling techniques, optimization algorithms and design procedures. Therefore, this book should be useful to researchers and engineers from any discipline where computationally heavy simulations are used on daily basis in the design process.
Solving Computationally Expensive Engineering Problems: Methods and Applications (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34449
- 2019-08-24Solving Computationally Expensive Engineering Problems Methods and Applications
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Engineering Mathematics II: Algebraic, Stochastic and Analysis Structures for Networks, Data Classification and Optimization (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2020-05-19Inverse Problems and Applications (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Innovations in Derivatives Markets: Fixed Income Modeling, Valuation Adjustments, Risk Management, and Regulation (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Bridging Algebra, Geometry, and Topology (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Symmetries, Integrable Systems and Representations (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Translational Recurrences: From Mathematical Theory to Real-World Applications (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Automorphic Forms: Research in Number Theory from Oman (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Computational Analysis: AMAT, Ankara, May 2015 Selected Contributions (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Knowledge Engineering: Principles, Methods and Applications (Education in a Competitive and Globalizing World)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Data-Driven Remaining Useful Life Prognosis Techniques: Stochastic Models, Methods and Applications (Springer Series in Reliability Engineering)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Deformation Compatibility Control for Engineering Structures: Methods and Applications - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Carbohydrate Recognition: Biological Problems, Methods, and Applications
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Control of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems: Methods and Applications (Communications and Control Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Vehicle Routing: Problems, Methods, and Applications (2nd edition)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Arc Routing: Problems, Methods, and Applications
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Engineering Optimization: methods and applications
- 2020-03-28Reliability and Statistical Computing: Modeling, Methods and Applications (Springer Series in Reliability Engineering)
- 2020-03-01Nature-Inspired Computation in Navigation and Routing Problems: Algorithms, Methods and Applications (Springer Tracts in Nature-Inspired Computing)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.