Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Guy Beauchamp | Publisher: Academic Press | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 0124072283 | ISBN13: 9780124072282 |
Description: The classic literature on predation dealt almost exclusively with solitary predators and their prey. Going back to Lotka-Volterra and optimal foraging theory, the theory about predation, including predator-prey population dynamics, was developed for solitary species. Various consequences of sociality for predators have been considered only recently. Similarly, while it was long recognized that prey species can benefit from living in groups, research on the adaptive value of sociality for prey species mostly emerged in the 1970s. The main theme of this book is the various ways that predators and prey may benefit from living in groups. The first part focusses on predators and explores how group membership influences predation success rate, from searching to subduing prey. The second part focusses on how prey in groups can detect and escape predators. The final section explores group size and composition and how individuals respond over evolutionary times to the challenges posed by chasing or being chased by animals in groups. This book will help the reader understand current issues in social predation theory and provide a synthesis of the literature across a broad range of animal taxa. Includes the whole taxonomical range rather than limiting it to a select few Features in-depth analysis that allows a better understanding of many subtleties surrounding the issues related to social predation Presents both models and empirical results while covering the extensive predator and prey literature Contains extensive illustrations and separate boxes that cover more technical features, i.e., to present models and review results
Social Predation: How group living benefits predators and prey.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34990
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Social Predation: How group living benefits predators and prey
- 2014-02-14Social Predation: How group living benefits predators and prey - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] i-Minds: How Cell Phones, Computers, Gaming, and Social Media are Changing our Brains, our Behavior, and the Evolution of our Species [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-21[PDF] SNAP Matters: How Food Stamps Affect Health and Well-Being (Studies in Social Inequality)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Social TV: How Marketers Can Reach and Engage Audiences by Connecting Television to the Web, Social Media, and Mobile
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Social BOOM!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, ... and Grind Your Competition into the Dirt
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Social Physics: How Good Ideas Spread-The Lessons from a New Science
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Social Machines: How to Develop Connected Products That Change Customers' Lives
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Social Media: How to Engage, Share, and Connect.
- 2017-10-19[PDF] SOCIAL SKILLS: How To Influence People & Gain Influence
- 2017-10-03[PDF] i-Minds: How Cell Phones, Computers, Gaming, and Social Media are Changing our Brains, our Behavior, and the Evolution of our Species
- 2017-01-06[PDF] Social BOOM!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, ... and Grind Your Competition into the Dirt
- 2020-11-23The Art of Social Excellence: How to Make Your Personal and Business Relationships Thrive
- 2019-02-04SOCIAL SKILLS HOW TO TALK TO ANYBODY AND CONNECT WITH PEOPLE TUTORIAL-COMPRISED - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Transformational Leadership How Leaders Change Teams, Companies, and Organizations
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Accelerating Performance: How Organizations Can Mobilize, Execute, and Transform with Agility[Audiobook]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Invisible Engines: How Software Platforms Drive Innovation and Transform Industries (MIT Press)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Japan Restored: How Japan Can Reinvent Itself and Why This Is Important for America and the World
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Social Rights in the Welfare State: Origins and Transformations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.