Posted on 2017-11-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven J. Stroessner, Jeffrey W. Sherman | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 250 | ISBN: 1138837903 | ISBN13: 9781138837904 |
Description: This volume focuses on social perception, the processing of information about people. This issue has always been central to social psychology, but this book brings together literatures that in large part have been separated by the nature of the social target that is involved. Historically, research on person perception developed quite independently from research involving perceptions of groups. Whereas the former research generally focused on the cognitive processes involved in forming impressions of individuals, research on group perception examined the content of stereotypes and the conditions under which they are used in social judgment. There was been little overlap in the theories and methods of these subfields, and different researchers were central in each. The chapters in this book highlight research and theorizing about social perception, exploring the processes involved in social perception from persons to groups. Some chapters describe work that was originally developed in person perception but is being extended to understanding groups. Other chapters illustrate how some processes studied in the domain of stereotyping also affect perceptions of individual persons. Finally, other chapters focus on variables that affect perceptions and judgments of both individuals and groups, proving opportunities for greater recognition of the common set of factors that are central to all types of social perception. This groundbreaking book highlights the research contributions of David L. Hamilton, whose research has played a central role in uniting these previously independent areas of research. It provides essential reading for upper-level courses on social cognition or social perception and could also serve as an auxiliary text in courses on interpersonal perception/relations and courses on stereotyping/intergroup relations.
Social Perception from Individuals to Groups.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33646
- 2020-05-06Social Perception from Individuals to Groups
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Social Perception and Social Reality: Why Accuracy Dominates Bias and Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Social Conventions: From Language to Law (Princeton Monographs in Philosophy)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Visual Perception from a Computer Graphics Perspective
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Social Perception: Detection and Interpretation of Animacy, Agency, and Intention
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Social Phenomena: From Data Analysis to Models - Removed
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Social Robots from a Human Perspective - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Social Anxiety: From Social Anxiety To Unstoppable Confidence (Transform Fear, Shyness & Low Self-Esteem Into Confidence, Charisma & Self-Love) [BONUS: FREE GIFT INSIDE!]
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Social Perception: Detection and Interpretation of Animacy, Agency, and Intention
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Social Perception and Social Reality: Why Accuracy Dominates Bias and Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- 2019-07-26%^(Satisfying) - Why You Should Read Geek Heresy: Rescuing Social Change from the Cult of Technology by Kentaro Toyama Online or Download [~PDF ~EPUB ~MOBI]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Social Unconscious in Persons, Groups and Societies (New International Library of Group Analysis)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Social work, politics and society: From Radicalism to Orthodoxy
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Social Perspectives on Ancient Lives from Paleothnobotanical Data
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Social Indicators for Aboriginal Governance: Insights from the Thamarrurr Region, Northern Territory
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Writing Under the Influence: Alcoholism and the Alcoholic Perception from Hemingway to Berryman - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Organizational Behavior: Integrating Individuals, Groups, and Organizations (Avail. in Cloth)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Social amnesia: A critique of conformist psychology from Adler to Laing
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Skills of Helping Individuals, Families, Groups, and Communities (with CD)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.