Posted on 2017-11-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Anthony M. Townsend | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0393082873 |
Description: We live in a world defined by urbanization and digital ubiquity, where mobile broadband connections outnumber fixed ones, machines dominate a new "internet of things," and more people live in cities than in the countryside. In Smart Cities, urbanist and technology expert Anthony Townsend takes a broad historical look at the forces that have shaped the planning and design of cities and information technologies from the rise of the great industrial cities of the nineteenth century to the present. A century ago, the telegraph and the mechanical tabulator were used to tame cities of millions. Today, cellular networks and cloud computing tie together the complex choreography of mega-regions of tens of millions of people. In response, cities worldwide are deploying technology to address both the timeless challenges of government and the mounting problems posed by human settlements of previously unimaginable size and complexity. In Chicago, GPS sensors on snow plows feed a real-time "plow tracker" map that everyone can access. In Zaragoza, Spain, a "citizen card" can get you on the free city-wide Wi-Fi network, unlock a bike share, check a book out of the library, and pay for your bus ride home. In New York, a guerrilla group of citizen-scientists installed sensors in local sewers to alert you when stormwater runoff overwhelms the system, dumping waste into local waterways. As technology barons, entrepreneurs, mayors, and an emerging vanguard of civic hackers are trying to shape this new frontier, Smart Cities considers the motivations, aspirations, and shortcomings of them all while offering a new civics to guide our efforts as we build the future together, one click at a time.
Smart Cities: Big Data, Civic Hackers, and the Quest for a New Utopia.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33370
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Smart Cities: Big Data, Civic Hackers, and the Quest for a New Utopia
- 2020-03-26Smart Cities: Big Data Prediction Methods and Applications - Removed
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Leaving Earth: Space Stations, Rival Superpowers, and the Quest for Interplanetary Travel
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Exploration and Engineering: The Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Quest for Mars (New Series in NASA History)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] A Life Worth Living: Albert Camus and the Quest for Meaning
- 2017-11-08[PDF] In Pursuit of Equity: Women, Men, and the Quest for Economic Citizenship in Twentieth-Century America
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Leaving Earth: Space Stations, Rival Superpowers, and the Quest for Interplanetary Travel
- 2017-01-09[PDF] In Pursuit of Equity: Women, Men, and the Quest for Economic Citizenship in Twentieth-Century America
- 2009-09-24Richard Nixon and the Quest for a New Majority
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Principles of Big Data: Preparing, Sharing, and Analyzing Complex Information
- 2018-01-09[PDF] SQL on Big Data: Technology, Architecture, and Innovation - Removed
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Ethics of Big Data: Balancing Risk and Innovation
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Visual Organization: Data Visualization, Big Data, and the Quest for Better Decisions (Wiley and SAS Business Series)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Digital Disciplines: Attaining Market Leadership via the Cloud, Big Data, Social, Mobile, and the Internet of Things
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Principles of Big Data: Preparing, Sharing, and Analyzing Complex Information
- 2020-08-23Digital Disciplines: Attaining Market Leadership via the Cloud, Big Data, Social, Mobile, and the Internet of Things (Wiley CIO)
- 2019-06-27The Visual Organization Data Visualization, Big Data, and the Quest for Better Decisions
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Small Bites Big Flavor: Simple, Savory, and Sophisticated Recipes for Entertaining
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Taking It Big: C. Wright Mills and the Making of Political Intellectuals
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.