[PDF] Sleep Paralysis: Night-mares, Nocebos, and the Mind-Body Connection (Studies in Medical Anthropology)
Posted on 2017-12-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Professor Shelley R Adler | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 182 | ISBN: 0813548853 | ISBN13: 9780813548852 |
Description: "Sleep Paralysis" explores a distinctive form of nocturnal fright: the "night-mare," or incubus. In its original meaning a night-mare was the nocturnal visit of an evil being that threatened to press the life out of its victim. Today, it is known as sleep paralysis-a state of consciousness between sleep and wakefulness, when you are unable to move or speak and may experience vivid and often frightening hallucinations. Culture, history, and biology intersect to produce this terrifying sleep phenomenon. Although a relatively common experience across cultures, it is rarely recognized or understood in the contemporary United States. Shelley R. Adler's fifteen years of field and archival research focus on the ways in which night-mare attacks have been experienced and interpreted throughout history and across cultures and how, in a unique example of the effect of nocebo (placebo's evil twin), the combination of meaning and biology may result in sudden nocturnal death.
Sleep Paralysis: Night-mares, Nocebos, and the Mind-Body Connection (Studies in Medical Anthropology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34412
- 2018-10-14Sleep Paralysis Night-mares, Nocebos and the Mind-Body Connection
- 2011-08-23Meaning, Medicine and the 'Placebo Effect' (Cambridge Studies in Medical Anthropology)
- 2009-07-25Meaning, Medicine and the 'Placebo Effect' (Cambridge Studies in Medical Anthropology)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] LEAD: Leadership Effectiveness in Africa and the African Diaspora (Palgrave Studies in African Leadership) - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] West Germany, Cold War Europe and the Algerian War (New Studies in European History) [German]
- 2018-01-12[PDF] History of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology: With an Epilogue on Psychiatry and the Mind-Body Relation - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Using Expressive Arts to Work With the Mind, Body and Emotions: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Religious Diversity in Southeast Asia and the Pacific: National Case Studies - Removed
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Dark Laughter: Spanish Film, Comedy, and the Nation (Wisconsin Film Studies)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Re-riting Woman: Dianic Wicca and the Feminine Divine (Pagan Studies Series)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Forming the Mind: Essays on the Internal Senses and the Mind/Body Problem from Avicenna to the Medical Enlightenment (Studies in the History of Philosophy of Mind) - Removed
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Dark Laughter: Spanish Film, Comedy, and the Nation (Wisconsin Film Studies)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
- 2013-01-21On Being Mindless : Buddhist Meditation and the Mind-Body Problem
- 2012-10-04Magical Mind, Magical Body : Mastering the Mind/Body Connection for Perfect Health and Total Well-Being
- 2012-04-28Forming the Mind: Essays on the Internal Senses and the Mind/Body Problem from Avicenna to the Medical Enlightenment [Repost]
- 2012-01-27Forming the Mind: Essays on the Internal Senses and the Mind/Body Problem from Avicenna to the Medical Enlightenment
- 2011-08-30Victorian Literature and the Anorexic Body (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.