Posted on 2017-10-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Phyllis Granoff | Publisher: Brill | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 388 | ISBN: 9004229469 | ISBN13: 9789004229464 |
Description: Asian religious traditions have always been deeply concerned with "sins" and what to do about them. As the essays in this volume illustrate, what Buddhists in Tibet, India, China or Japan, what Jains, Daoists, Hindus or Sikhs considered to be a "sin" was neither one thing, nor exactly what the Abrahamic traditions meant by the term. "Sins"could be both undesireable behavior and unacceptable thoughts. In different contexts, at different times and places, a sin might be a ritual infraction or a violation of a rule of law it could be a moral failing or a wrong belief. However defined, sins were considered so grave a hindrance to spiritual perfection, so profound a threat to the social order, that the search for their remedies through rituals of expiation, pilgrimage, confession, recitation of spells, or philosophical reflection, was one of the central quests of the religions studied here.
Sins and Sinners: Perspectives from Asian Religions (Numen Book).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32806
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Ageing and Technology: Perspectives from the Social Sciences (Aging Studies)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Death and Afterlife: Perspectives of World Religions (Contributions to the Study of Religion)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Tourism and Responsibility: Perspectives from Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Tourism and Responsibility: Perspectives from Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Death and Afterlife: Perspectives of World Religions (Contributions to the Study of Religion)
- 2021-09-05Functional Structure(s), Form and Interpretation Perspectives from East Asian Languages
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Aging Consumer: Perspectives From Psychology and Economics (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Explaining Understanding: New Perspectives from Epistemology and Philosophy of Science
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Well-Being and Cultures: Perspectives from Positive Psychology (Cross-Cultural Advancements in Positive Psychology) - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Both/And: Reading Kierkegaard- From Irony to Edification (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Cosmopolitanism in Context: Perspectives from International Law and Political Theory
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Mentally Disordered Offenders: Perspectives from Law and Social Science (Perspectives in Law & Psychology) - Removed
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Nature of Life: Classical and Contemporary Perspectives from Philosophy and Science
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Processing Inaccurate Information: Theoretical and Applied Perspectives from Cognitive Science and the Educational Sciences - Removed
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Women in Politics and Media: Perspectives from Nations in Transition
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Historical and Archaeological Perspectives on Gender Transformations: From Private to Public (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Saints, Sinners, and the God of the World (Numen Book Series: Studies in the History of Religions) - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Building Autonomous Learners: Perspectives from Research and Practice using Self-Determination Theory - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Autism Spectrum Disorder: Perspectives from Psychoanalysis and Neuroscience
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.