Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Khaled Furani | Publisher: Stanford University Press | Category: Poetry | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 0804776466 | ISBN13: 9780804776462 |
Description: Silencing the Sea follows Palestinian poets' debates about their craft as they traverse multiple and competing realities of secularism and religion, expulsion and occupation, art, politics, immortality, death, fame, and obscurity. Khaled Furani takes his reader down ancient roads and across military checkpoints to join the poets' worlds and engage with the rhythms of their lifelong journeys in Islamic and Arabic history, language, and verse. This excursion offers newfound understandings of how today's secular age goes far beyond doctrine, to inhabit our very senses, imbuing all that we see, hear, feel, and say. Poetry, the traditional repository of Arab history, has become the preeminent medium of Palestinian memory in exile. In probing poets' writings, this work investigates how struggles over poetic form can host larger struggles over authority, knowledge, language, and freedom. It reveals a very intimate and venerated world, entwining art, intellect, and politics, narrating previously untold stories of a highly stereotyped people.
Silencing the Sea: Secular Rhythms in Palestinian Poetry.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33734
- 2018-01-21[PDF] To The Sea
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Silencing the Self Across Cultures: Depression and Gender in the Social World
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Silencing the Queen: The Literary Histories of Shelamzion and Other Jewish Women (Texts & Studies in Ancient Judaism)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] When the Sea Turned to Silver
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Across the Sea of Suns (Galactic Center)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Taking the Sea: Perilous Waters, Sunken Ships, and the True Story of the Legendary Wrecker Captains
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Until the Sea Shall Give Up Her Dead (A Charles Hayden Novel) - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] And the Sea Will Tell
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Leaving the Sea: Stories
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Silencing the Past (20th anniversary edition): Power and the Production of History
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Silencing the Sounded Self: John Cage and the American Experimental Tradition
- 2017-11-26[PDF] With the Sea Beside Me: An intimate guide to California's central and north coast
- 2017-11-24[PDF] By the Sea: A Photographic Voyage Around the Blue Planet
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Beyond the Sea (Melissa Bailey)
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Beyond the Sea (Shelter Bay) (Volume 9)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] And The Sea Called Her Name
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Toward the Sea of Freedom
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Selling the Sea, Fishing for Power: A study of conflict over marine tenure in Kei Islands, Eastern Indonesia
- 2017-10-05[PDF] When the Sea is Rising Red - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.