Posted on 2017-12-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter D. Usher | Category: Poetry | Language: English | Page: 426 | ISBN: 1604977337 | ISBN13: 9781604977332 |
Description: In Shakespeare and the Dawn of Modern Science, renowned astronomy expert Peter Usher expands upon his allegorical interpretation of Hamlet and analyzes four more plays, Love's Labour's Lost, Cymbeline, The Merchant of Venice, and The Winter's Tale. With painstaking thoroughness, he dissects the plays and reveals that, contrary to current belief, Shakespeare was well aware of the scientific revolutions of his time. Moreover, Shakespeare imbeds in the allegorical subtext information on the appearances of the Sun, Moon, planets, and stars that he could not have known without telescopic aid, yet these plays appeared coeval with or prior to the commonly accepted date of 1610 for the invention and first use of the astronomical telescope. Dr. Usher argues that an early telescope, the so-called perspective glass, was the likely means for the acquisition of these data. This device was invented by the mathematician Leonard Digges, whose grandson of the same name contributed poems to the First and Second Folio editions of Shakespeare's plays. Shakespeare and the Dawn of Modern Science is an important addition to literature, history, and science collections as well as to personal libraries.
Shakespeare and the Dawn of Modern Science.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34049
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Shakespeare and the Force of Modern Performance
- 2019-01-15The Royal Society And the Invention of Modern Science
- 2019-01-09The Royal Society And the Invention of Modern Science
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Shakespeare and the Natural World
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Shakespeare and the Countess: The Battle that Gave Birth to the Globe
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imaging
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Before Galileo: The Birth of Modern Science in Medieval Europe
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Companion to the History of Modern Science (Routledge Companion Encyclopedias)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Matter and Form in Early Modern Science and Philosophy (History of Science and Medicine Library / Scientific and Learned Cultures and Their Institutions)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Ethics and the Practice of Forensic Science (International Forensic Science and Investigation)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Shakespeare and the English-speaking Cinema (Oxford Shakespeare Topics)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Shakespeare and the Book Trade
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Shakespeare and the Idea of Apocrypha: Negotiating the Boundaries of the Dramatic Canon
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Shakespeare and the Italian Renaissance: Appropriation, Transformation, Opposition (Anglo-Italian Renaissance Studies)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Shakespeare and the Just War Tradition
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Shakespeare and the Jews
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Crime and the Rise of Modern America: A History from 1865-1941
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Shakespeare and the Remains of Richard III
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.