Posted on 2017-11-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Balasubramanian Senthilkumaran | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 456 | ISBN: 1626188483 | ISBN13: 9781626188488 |
Description: Sex determination, differentiation and gamete maturation are well organized molecular events in vertebrates. In vertebrates, sex determination and differentiation are two important events in the development of gonads (testis or ovary). Sex determination is the genetic (sex chromosomes) or environmental process by which the sex (male or female) of an individual is established. During embryonic development, primordial germ cells migrate from the site of origin to the gonadal primordia where they differentiate along with somatic cells and finally form the indifferent/bipotential gonads. Depending on the action of various factors the bipotential gonads give rise to either testis or ovaries. In most vertebrates, excluding fishes and some amphibians, the event of sex determination is controlled genetically and later the progression of gonadal development is controlled by hormones and other factors. Interestingly, these processes in fishes are controlled not only genetically but also through hormones or environmental factors. These characteristics make fish the champions of sex reversal and serve as excellent animal models to precisely understand sexual development. The next interesting aspect is meiotic maturation which is essentially mediated by gonadotropins and progesterone metabolites to trigger final gamete maturation in fishes which is different from mammals. The novel aspects pertaining to gamete maturation has been studied in great detail in fish which depicts precise regulatory events of gamete maturation.
Sexual Plasticity and Gametogenesis in Fishes (Fish, Fishing and Fisheries: Marine Biology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33615
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Advances in Squid Biology, Ecology and Fisheries: Myopsid Squids (Fish, Fishing and Fisheries: Marine Biology)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Larval Fish Aquaculture (Fish, Fishing and Fisheries: Marine Biology)
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Carp: Habitat, Management and Diseases (Fish, Fishing and Fisheries: Marine Biology)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Sexual Minorities and Politics: An Introduction
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Sexual Harassment and Sex Offenders: Patterns, Coping Strategies of Victims and Psychological Implications (Safety and Risk in Society)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Neural Plasticity and Disorders of the Nervous System
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Engineering Plasticity and Impact
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Sexual Misconduct and the Clergy (Library in a Book)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Sexual Selection and the Origins of Human Mating Systems
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment in the U.S. Military: Investigations of Potential Bias in Estimates from the 2014 RAND Military Workplace Stud (Volume 4)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Developmental Plasticity and Evolution
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Functional Plasticity and Genetic Variation, Volume 91: Insights into the Neurobiology of Alcoholism (International Review of Neurobiology)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Sexual Abuse and the Sexual Offender: Common Man or Monster? (Forensic Psychotherapy Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Sexual Orientation and Psychoanalysis
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Clam Fisheries and Aquaculture (Marine Biology: Fish, Fishing and Fisheries)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Sexual Identities and Sexuality in Social Work (Contemporary Social Work Studies)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Sexual Deviance and Society: A sociological examination - Removed
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Engineering Plasticity and Its Applications From Nanoscale to Macroscale: Proceedings of the 9th AEPA 2008, Daejeon, Korea, 20-24 October 2008
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Sexual Orientation and Transgender Issues in Organizations: Global Perspectives on LGBT Workforce Diversity - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.