Posted on 2017-12-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jennifer M. Jones | Publisher: Bloomsbury Academic | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 1859738303 | ISBN13: 9781859738306 |
Description: The connection between fashion, femininity, frivolity and Frenchness has become a clich. Yet, relegating fashion to the realm of frivolity and femininity is a distinctly modern belief that developed along with the urban culture of the Enlightenment. In eighteenth-century France, a commercial culture filled with shop girls, fashion magazines and window displays began to supplant a courtly fashion culture based on rank and distinction, stimulating debates over the proper relationships between women and commercial culture and between morality and taste. The story of how "la mode" was "sexed" as feminine offers compelling insights into the political, economic and cultural tensions that marked the birth of modern commercial culture. Jones examines men's and women's relation to fashion at this time, looking at both consumption and production to show the origins of the idea of shopping and fashion as specifically feminine.
Sexing La Mode: Gender, Fashion and Commercial Culture in Old Regime France.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34780
- 2011-06-13Sexing La Mode: Gender, Fashion and Commercial Culture in Old Regime France
- 2010-02-11Sexing La Mode: Gender, Fashion and Commercial Culture in Old Regime France
- 2010-01-29Sexing La Mode Gender, Fashion and Commercial Culture
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Sexing the Caribbean: Gender, Race and Sexual Labor
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Sexing the Church: Gender, Power, and Ethics in Contemporary Catholicism
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Sexing the Caribbean: Gender, Race and Sexual Labor
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Sexing the Church: Gender, Power, and Ethics in Contemporary Catholicism
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Brand New China: Advertising, Media, and Commercial Culture
- 2018-08-01Sexing the Body: Gender Politics and the Construction of Sexuality
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Neo-Victorian Families: Gender, Sexual and Cultural Politics
- 2018-01-13[PDF] On the Frontlines: Gender, War, and the Post-Conflict Process
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Managing the Margins: Gender, Citizenship, and the International Regulation of Precarious Employment
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Periodic Structures: Mode-Matching Approach and Applications in Electromagnetic Engineering
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Girls in Power: Gender, Body, And Menstruation in Adolescence
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Acting Like Men: Gender, Drama, and Nostalgia in Ancient Greece
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Getting the Hang of Fashion and Dress Codes: A How-to Guide (Life-a How-to Guide)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Women Under Islam: Gender, Justice and the Politics of Islamic Law (Library of Islamic Law)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Our Chemical Selves: Gender, Toxics, and Environmental Health
- 2017-11-15[PDF] No Mercy Here: Gender, Punishment, and the Making of Jim Crow Modernity (Justice, Power, and Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.