Posted on 2017-12-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alex P. Jassen | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 316 | ISBN: 0521196043 | ISBN13: 9780521196048 |
Description: This book is the first work of its kind to examine legal exegesis in the Dead Sea Scrolls from the perspective of both the history of Jewish law and early Jewish scriptural interpretation. It shows how the Dead Sea Scrolls transform the meaning and application of biblical law to meet the needs of new historical and cultural settings. The Dead Sea Scrolls legal texts are examined through the comparative lens of law and legal interpretation in Second Temple Judaism and rabbinic Judaism. The creative interpretation of scriptural texts in the Dead Sea Scrolls responds to the tension between seemingly rigid authoritative scripture and the need for law and scripture to be perpetually evolving entities. The ongoing legal interpretation of scriptural texts frames the development of Jewish law at the same time as it shapes the nature of the biblical canon.
Scripture and Law in the Dead Sea Scrolls.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33996
- 2013-11-28Prayer and Poetry in the Dead Sea Scrolls and Related Literature
- 2018-01-28[PDF] John, Qumran, and the Dead Sea Scrolls: Sixty Years of Discovery and Debate (Early Judaism and Its Literature)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Orion Center Bibliography of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Associated Literature (2000-2006) (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls (3 volume set) (v. 1, 2 & 3)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Personages of Earliest Christianity
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Dead Sea Scrolls, The Gospel of Barnabas, and the New Testament
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Scepter and the Star: Messianism in Light of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Dead Sea Scrolls and Contemporary Culture (Studies of the Texts of Thedesert of Judah)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] The Archaeology of Qumran and the Dead Sea Scrolls (Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls & Related Literature)
- 2020-04-20The Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls (3 volume set)
- 2020-01-16The Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls (3 volume set)
- 2019-05-10The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Bible
- 2019-03-23The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Bible
- 2018-11-02The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Study of the Humanities Method, Theory, Meaning
- 2018-06-05The Verbal System of the Dead Sea Scrolls Tense, Aspect, and Modality in Qumran Hebrew Texts
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Psychology and Law: Bridging the Gap (Psychology, Crime and Law)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Euthanasia and Law in the Netherlands
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Religions and Migrations in the Black Sea Region (Religion and Global Migrations) - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Dead Sea Scrolls in Scholarly Perspective: A History of Research (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.