Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Manjula Martin | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1501134574 | ISBN13: 9781501134579 |
Description: A collection of essays from today's most acclaimed authorsâ€”from Cheryl Strayed to Roxane Gay to Jennifer Weiner, Alexander Chee, Nick Hornby, and Jonathan Franzenâ€”on the realities of making a living in the writing world. In the literary world, the debate around writing and commerce often begs us to take sides: either writers should be paid for everything they do or writers should just pay their dues and count themselves lucky to be published. You should never quit your day job, but your ultimate goal should be to quit your day job. It's an endless, confusing, and often controversial conversation that, despite our bare-it-all culture, still remains taboo. In Scratch, Manjula Martin has gathered interviews and essays from established and rising authors to confront the age-old question: how do creative people make money? As contributors including Jonathan Franzen, Cheryl Strayed, Roxane Gay, Nick Hornby, Susan Orlean, Alexander Chee, Daniel Jose Older, Jennifer Weiner, and Yiyun Li candidly and emotionally discuss money, MFA programs, teaching fellowships, finally getting published, and what success really means to them, Scratch honestly addresses the tensions between writing and money, work and life, literature and commerce. The result is an entertaining and inspiring book that helps readers and writers understand what it's really like to make art in a world that runs on moneyâ€”and why it matters. Essential reading for aspiring and experienced writers, and for anyone interested in the future of literature, Scratch is the perfect bookshelf companion to On Writing, Never Can Say Goodbye, and MFA vs. NYC.
Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35479
- 2020-02-06Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living
- 2017-04-19Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living
- 2014-05-03Zen and the Art of Making a Living (repost)
- 2013-05-12Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design - Removed
- 2013-05-08Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design [Repost] - Removed
- 2012-06-06Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design (Repost) - Removed
- 2011-11-08Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design
- 2017-12-25[PDF] T. S. Eliot and the Art of Collaboration
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Being Black: Zen and the Art of Living with Fearlessness and Grace (Compass)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Being Black: Zen and the Art of Living with Fearlessness and Grace (Compass)
- 2018-10-14Goat Song A Seasonal Life, A Short History of Herding, and the Art of Making Cheese
- 2011-10-09The Art of SpeedReading People How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language by Paul D. Tieger
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Not for Bread Alone: Writers on Food, Wine, and the Art of Eating
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Not for Bread Alone: Writers on Food, Wine, and the Art of Eating
- 2012-06-10The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- 2012-03-13Bill Underwood - Combato The Art Of Self-Defence for Soldier and Civilian (Men & Women)
- 2011-08-07Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
- 2009-12-09The Art of Scalability: Scalable Web Architecture, Processes, and Organizations for the Modern Enterprise
- 2019-07-16^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read Garden City: Work, Rest, and the Art of Being Human. by John Mark Comer Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.