Posted on 2017-12-11, updated at 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Scotty Moore | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1617037915 | ISBN13: 9781617037917 |
Description: The true life story of Elvis's original guitarist, the masterful Scotty Moore When Elvis Presley first showed up at Sam Phillips's Memphis-based Sun Records studio, he was a shy teenager in search of a sound. Phillips invited a local guitarist named Scotty Moore to stand in. Scotty listened carefully to the young singer and immediately realized that Elvis had something special. Along with bass player Bill Black, the trio recorded an old blues number called "That's All Right, Mama." It turned out to be Elvis's first single and the defining record of his early style, with a trilling guitar hook that swirled country and blues together and minted a sound with unforgettable appeal. Its success launched a whirlwind of touring, radio appearances, and Elvis's first break into movies. Scotty was there every step of the way as both guitarist and manager, until Elvis's new manager, Colonel Tom Parker, pushed him out. Scotty and Elvis would not perform together again until the classic 1968 "comeback" television special. Scotty never saw Elvis after that. With both Bill Black and Elvis gone, Scotty Moore is the only one left to tell the story of how Elvis and Scotty transformed popular music and how Scotty created the sound that became a prototype for so many rock guitarists to follow. Thoroughly updated, this edition delivers guitarist Scotty Moore's story as never before. Scotty Moore, Nashville, Tennessee, is the sole survivor of the Sun Records sessions of July 1954 during which he, Elvis Presley, and Bill Black, with Sam Phillips at the engineering sound board, blended country and blues into a new art form that would shake up American culture for decades to come. James L. Dickerson, Jackson, Mississippi, is a freelance author and journalist who has published dozens of books.
Scotty and Elvis: Aboard the Mystery Train (American Made Music Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34277
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Richard Dyer-Bennet: The Last Minstrel (American Made Music Series)
- 2010-01-13Eddy Arnold: Pioneer of the Nashville Sound (American Made Music Series)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] He Stopped Loving Her Today: George Jones, Billy Sherrill, and the Pretty-Much Totally True Story of the Making of the Greatest Country Record of All Time (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Laboratory Urinalysis and Hematology for the Small Animal Practitioner (Made Easy Series)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Exploring American Folk Music: Ethnic, Grassroots, and Regional Traditions in the United States (American Made Music)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Melody Man: Joe Davis and the New York Music Scene, 1916-1978 (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Sanctified and Chicken-Fried: The Portable Lansdale (Southwestern Writers Collection Series, Wittliff Collections at Texas State University)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Ethics and War in the 21st Century (LSE International Studies Series)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Structure and Function of the Arabic Verb (Routledge Arabic Linguistics Series)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Creating Jazz Counterpoint: New Orleans, Barbershop Harmony, and the Blues (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Sounds and Sweet Airs: The Forgotten Women of Classical Music
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Equine Endoscopy and Arthroscopy for the Equine Practitioner (Equine Made Easy Series)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Structure and Function of the Arabic Verb (Routledge Arabic Linguistics Series)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Ethics and War in the 21st Century (LSE International Studies Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Sanctified and Chicken-Fried: The Portable Lansdale (Southwestern Writers Collection Series, Wittliff Collections at Texas State University)
- 2019-12-17Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison: The Making of a Masterpiece, Revised and Updated (American Made Music Series)
- 2019-01-03Creole Trombone Kid Ory and the Early Years of Jazz (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Cross the Water Blues: African American Music in Europe (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Cajun and Zydeco Dance Music in Northern California: Modern Pleasures in a Postmodern World (American Made Music Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.