Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert A. Day | Category: English | Language: English | Page: 225 | ISBN: 0313391734 | ISBN13: 9780313391736 |
Description: English is often regarded as one of the most difficult languages to master. Yet while the English language has a vocabulary of upwards of 500,000 words, it only uses nine parts of speech, and all of these words fall into one (or more) of those nine categories. Scientific English: A Guide for Scientists and Other Professionals, Third Edition contains many simple revelations like this that make effective scientific writing in English easy, even for those whose fluency is in another language. The book is organized around a basic guide to English grammar that is specifically tailored to the needs of scientists, science writers, science educators, and science students. The authors explain the goals of scientific writing, the role of style, and the various kinds of writing in the sciences, then provide a basic guide to the fundamentals of English and address problem areas such as redundancies, abbreviations and acronyms, jargon, and foreign terms. Email, online publishing, blogs, and writing for the Web are covered as well. This book is designed to be an enlightening and entertaining read that can then be retained as a practical scientific writing reference guide.
Scientific English: A Guide for Scientists and Other Professionals.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34746
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Scientific English: A Guide for Scientists and Other Professionals
- 2009-04-02[request]Uva's Rigging Guide for Studio and Location - Removed
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Ophthalmic Study Guide: for Nurses and Health Professionals
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Intellectual Property in Academia: A Practical Guide for Scientists and Engineers
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Against Plagiarism: A Guide for Editors and Authors (Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Scientific and Scholarly Communication) - Removed
- 2011-05-30Matrix Analysis for Scientists and Engineers
- 2020-05-28Introduction to Numerical programming A practical guide for scientists and engin
- 2020-05-12Introduction to Numerical programming A practical guide for scientists and engin
- 2019-07-17* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read Grokking Algorithms An Illustrated Guide For Programmers and Other Curious People by Aditya Y. Bhargava Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Introducing Bronfenbrenner: A Guide for Practitioners and Students in Early Years Education (Introducing Early Years Thinkers)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Transition to 21st Century Healthcare: A Guide for Leaders and Quality Professionals
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Echocardiography: A Practical Guide for Reporting and Interpretation, Third Edition
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Applicable Mathematics: A Course for Scientists and Engineers
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Nanocolloids: A Meeting Point for Scientists and Technologists
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Chemical Sensors: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Math Wars: A Guide for Parents and Teachers
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for Patients and Families (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Art of Probability: For Scientists and Engineers
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Sustainable Natural Resource Management: For Scientists and Engineers
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.