Posted on 2017-11-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David R. Dupper | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 136 | ISBN: 0199859590 | ISBN13: 9780199859597 |
Description: Bullying is one of the most prevalent and insidious forms of school violence today, impacting the learning environment of schools in profound ways. Victims of chronic bullying have poorer grades, increased rates of truancy, increased rates of dropping out, loss of self-esteem, feelings of isolation, depression, and increased risk of suicide attempts. This Workshop volume is unique in utilizing a larger cultural context and international perspective that broadens the traditional conceptualization of bullying and that promotes creative approaches to a seemingly intractable and complex problem. In addition, senior researcher and practitioner David Dupper investigates several "under the radar" forms of bullying (e.g., religious bullying, bullying by teachers and other adults in schools), as well as the unique challenges in assessing these largely unacknowledged forms of bullying in today's U.S. public schools. Viewing bullying as a systematic abuse of power, this book examines all the ways in which power is misused in schools. Dupper also dispels important myths about bullies and focuses on the increasingly important role that peer witnesses play in exacerbating as well as combating bullying in schools. Consistent with an ecological systems perspective, this book utilizes a whole school approach as a framework for developing and implementing comprehensive evidence-based interventions to combat bullying in schools. The result is a must-have resource for both undergraduate and graduate students in social work courses, school psychology courses, and education courses, as well as student service workers in secondary schools.
School Bullying: New Perspectives on a Growing Problem (SSWAA Workshop Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33070
- 2017-01-11[PDF] School Bullying: New Perspectives on a Growing Problem (SSWAA Workshop Series)
- 2019-12-12School Bullying New Perspectives on a Growing Problem
- 2017-11-09[PDF] School Bullying: New Theories in Context
- 2012-03-20New Perspectives on Microsoft Expression Web 2007, Introductory By Henry Bojack
- 2012-03-14The Biolinguistic Enterprise: New Perspectives on the Evolution and Nature of the Human Language Faculty By Anna Maria Di Sciullo, Cedric Boeckx
- 2011-09-01Supply Chain Management - New Perspectives
- 2011-08-31Kidney Transplantation - New Perspectives
- 2020-04-30School Bullying: New Theories in Context
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Neolithic Revolution: New perspectives on Southwest Asia in light of recent discoveries on Cyprus (Levant Supplementary (Hardcover))
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Victorian Investments: New Perspectives on Finance and Culture
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Explaining Understanding: New Perspectives from Epistemology and Philosophy of Science
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Kidney Transplantation - New Perspectives
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Old Kingdom, New Perspectives: Egyptian Art and Archaeology 2750-2150 BC
- 2017-12-24[PDF] School Sport Psychology: Perspectives, Programs, and Procedures
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Hypercomplex Analysis: New Perspectives and Applications (Trends in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Existential Utopia: New Perspectives on Utopian Thought
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Henry Miller: New Perspectives
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Involuntary Memory (New Perspectives in Cognitive Psychology)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Heriberto Avelino, 'New Perspectives in Mayan Linguistics'
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.