[PDF] Same-sex Sexuality in Later Medieval English Culture (Crossing Boundaries: Turku Medieval and Early Modern Studies)
Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tom Linkinen | Publisher: Amsterdam University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 376 | ISBN: 9089646299 | ISBN13: 9789089646293 |
Description: This volume investigates the state of same-sex relations in later medieval England, drawing on a remarkably rich array of primary sources from the period that include legal documents, artworks, theological treatises, and poetry. Tom Linkinen uses those sources to build a framework of medieval condemnations of same-sex intimacy and desire and then shows how same-sex sexuality reflected - and was inflected by - gender hierarchies, approaches to crime, and the conspicuous silence on the matter in the legal systems of the period.
Same-sex Sexuality in Later Medieval English Culture (Crossing Boundaries: Turku Medieval and Early Modern Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35340
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Polemic: Language as Violence in Medieval and Early Modern Discourse
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Church and Belief in the Middle Ages: Popes, Saints, and Crusaders (Crossing Boundaries: Turku Medieval and Early Modern Studies)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A Bishopric Between Three Kingdoms (Medieval and Early Modern Iberian World)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Beyond Florence: The Contours of Medieval and Early Modern Italy
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Till God Inherits the Earth (Medieval and Early Modern Iberian World)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Sparks and Seeds: Medieval Literature and its Afterlife. Essays in Honor of John Freccero (Late Medieval and Early Modern Studies)
- 2018-03-20Can We Talk Mediterranean?: Conversations on an Emerging Field in Medieval and Early Modern Studies - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Alcohol, Sex, and Gender in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe (Early Modern History) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Pestilence in Medieval and Early Modern English Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Pernicious Sort of Woman': Quasi-Religious Women and Canon Lawyers in the Later Middle Ages (Studies in Medieval and Early Modern Canon Law)
- 2021-11-19Remembering the English Civil Wars (Remembering the Medieval and Early Modern Worlds)
- 2021-03-17Forgotten Queens in Medieval and Early Modern Europe: Political Agency, Myth Making, and Patronage PDF
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Queenship, Gender, and Reputation in the Medieval and Early Modern West, 1060-1600 (Queenship and Power) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Contesting Orthodoxy in Medieval and Early Modern Europe: Heresy, Magic and Witchcraft (Palgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Knights on the Frontier (Medieval and Early Modern Iberian World)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Handbook to Life in Medieval and Early Modern Japan
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Doctors, Folk Medicine And The Inquisition: The Repression Of Magical Healing In Portugal During The Enlightenment (Medieval and Early Modern Iberian World)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Heresy In Transition: Transforming Ideas Of Heresy In Medieval And Early Modern Europe (Catholic Christendom, 1300-1700) - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Julius Caesar Scaliger, Renaissance Reformer of Aristotelianism: A Study of His Exotericae Exercitationes (History of Science and Medicine Library / Medieval and Early Modern Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.