Posted on 2017-11-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Patrick T. K. Woo, Donald J. Noakes | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 347 | ISBN: 163117570X | ISBN13: 9781631175701 |
Description: This book provides a good mix of both basic and applied topics in the hope that it will be useful and of interest to scientists working on finfish. It has 15 chapters written by 27 contributors and many of them are highly respected scientists. Given the global importance of salmon, contributors are from many countries including 11 from Japan and Russia. These authors bring slightly different and important perspectives to the book, and their expertise and research may not be known to many young scientists in Europe and in the Americas. The volume starts with an overview of salmon, their economic and social importance, and their impacts on the environment. Subsequent topics include morphological, physiological and behavioral differences between wild and farmed salmon growth, food utilization and water flow requirements of wild and hatchery salmon the real and potential ecological impacts of sea cages and hatcheries the potential use of waste product (gelatin) from the salmon industry salmon behavior and genetics including their broad applications that contribute to our understanding of fish biology, and nutritional and anti-nutritional factors in salmon culture. There are also chapters on environmental impacts and the economic importance of the commercial fishery and salmon farming industry these are very important components of the industry, especially to the seafood sector. The principal audience of the book is research scientists in the aquaculture industry and universities, aquaculture consultants, and managers of private and government hatcheries. The book is also appropriate for graduate and senior undergraduate students in aquaculture programs, and it may also serve as a reference book for courses in fish biology, fisheries and aquaculture.
Salmon: Biology, Ecological Impacts and Economic Importance (Fish, Fishing and Fisheries).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33496
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Lobsters: Biology, Management, Aquaculture and Fisheries
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Population Biology: Ecological and Evolutionary Viewpoints - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Biology of Mangroves and Seagrasses (Biology of Habitats Series)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Antarctic Ecosystems: Ecological Change and Conservation - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Human Biology: Health, Homeostasis, and the Environment
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Scallops, Volume 40, Third Edition: Biology, Ecology, Aquaculture, and Fisheries (Developments in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Papaya: Biology, Cultivation, Production and Uses
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Synthetic Biology: Safety, Security, and Promise
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Systems Biology: Principles, Methods, and Concepts
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Reintroduction Biology: Integrating Science and Management
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Biology of Mangroves and Seagrasses (Biology of Habitats)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Eco2 Cities: Ecological Cities as Economic Cities
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Mortalin Biology: Life, Stress and Death - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Stress Biology of Yeasts and Fungi: Applications for Industrial Brewing and Fermentation - Removed
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Systems Biology of Metabolic and Signaling Networks: Energy, Mass and Information Transfer - Removed
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Systems Biology: Mathematical Modeling and Model Analysis (Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical and Computational Biology)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Molecular Biology of Food and Water Borne Mycotoxigenic and Mycotic Fungi (Food Microbiology)
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Tilapia: Biology, Management Practices and Human Consumption (Fish, Fishing and Fisheries)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Physical Biology of Proteins and Peptides: Theory, Experiment, and Simulation - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.