Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Thomas Banchoff, Robert Wuthnow | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Buddhism | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 0195343395 | ISBN13: 9780195343397 |
Description: Are human rights universal or the product of specific cultures? Is democracy a necessary condition for the achievement of human rights in practice? And when, if ever, is it legitimate for external actors to impose their understandings of human rights upon particular countries? In the contemporary context of globalization, these questions have a salient religious dimension. Religion intersects with global human rights agendas in multiple ways, including: whether ''universal'' human rights are in fact an imposition of Christian understandings whether democracy, the ''rule of the people,'' is compatible with God's law and whether international efforts to enforce human rights including religious freedom amount to an illicit imperialism. This book brings together leading specialists across disciplines for the first major survey of the religious politics of human rights across the world's major regions, political systems, and faith traditions. The authors take a bottom-up approach and focus particularly on hot-button issues like human rights in Islam, Falun Gong in China, and religion in the former Soviet Union. Each essay examines the interaction of human rights and religion in practice and the challenges they pose for national and international policymakers.
Religion and the Global Politics of Human Rights.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35278
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Religion and the Global Politics of Human Rights
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Cold War Germany, the Third World, and the Global Humanitarian Regime (Human Rights in History)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Religion and The State (Global Issues)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Biometric State: The Global Politics of Identification and Surveillance in South Africa, 1850 to the Present
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Constituting Europe: The European Court of Human Rights in a National, European and Global Context (Studies on Human Rights Conventions)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Religion and the Politics of Tolerance: How Christianity Builds Democracy
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The International Politics of Human Rights: Rallying to the R2P Cause? (Global Institutions)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The International Politics of Human Rights: Rallying to the R2P Cause? (Global Institutions)
- 2021-01-20The Implementation Game The TRIPS Agreement and the Global Politics of Intellectual Property Reform ...
- 2020-04-26The International Politics of Human Rights: Rallying to the R2P Cause? (Global Institutions)
- 2020-02-27A World Divided: The Global Struggle for Human Rights in the Age of Nation-States (Human Rights and Crimes Against Humanity)
- 2018-11-21China and the Global Politics of Regionalization (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- 2018-11-05Liberated Threads Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- 2018-10-07Liberated Threads Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Globalization and the New Politics of Embedded Liberalism
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Opening Standards: The Global Politics of Interoperability (The Information Society Series)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Justice and the Just War Tradition: Human Worth, Moral Formation, and Armed Conflict
- 2018-01-23[PDF] China and the Global Economy: National Champions, Industrial Policy and the Big Business Revolution - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Securitization and the Global Economy: History and Prospects for the Future - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.