Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Keown | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 632 | ISBN: 0199675503 | ISBN13: 9780199675500 |
Description: John Finnis is a pioneer in the development of a new yet classically-grounded theory of natural law. His work offers a systematic philosophy of practical reasoning and moral choosing that addresses the great questions of the rational foundations of ethical judgments, the identification of moral norms, human agency, and the freedom of the will, personal identity, the common good, the role and functions of law, the meaning of justice, and the relationship of morality and politics to religion and the life of faith. The core of Finnis' theory, articulated in his seminal work Natural Law and Natural Rights, has profoundly influenced later work in the philosophy of law and moral and political philosophy, while his contributions to the ethical debates surrounding nuclear deterrence, abortion, euthanasia, sexual morality, and religious freedom have powerfully demonstrated the practical implications of his natural law theory. This volume, which gathers eminent moral, legal, and political philosophers, and theologians to engage with John Finnis' work, offers the first sustained, critical study of Finnis' contribution across the range of disciplines in which rational and morally upright choosing is a central concern. It includes a substantial response from Finnis himself, in which he comments on each of their 27 essays and defends and develops his ideas and arguments.
Reason, Morality, and Law: The Philosophy of John Finnis.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35633
- 2019-06-26Reason, Morality, and Law The Philosophy of John Finnis
- 2017-05-11Reason, Morality, And Law The Philosophy Of John Finnis
- 2016-07-02Reason, Morality, and Law The Philosophy of John Finnis
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Information, Freedom and Property: The Philosophy of Law Meets the Philosophy of Technology
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Right to Democracy in International Law: Between Procedure, Substance and the Philosophy of John Rawls (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Reason, Metaphysics, and Mind: New Essays on the Philosophy of Alvin Plantinga
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Meaning and Morality: Essays on the Philosophy of Julius Kovesi (Studies in Moral Philosophy)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Reason, Metaphysics, and Mind: New Essays on the Philosophy of Alvin Plantinga
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Human Rights and Immigration (The Collected Courses of the Academy of European Law)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Reproduction, Race, and Gender in Philosophy and the Early Life Sciences (SUNY Series, Philosophy and Race)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Reason of State: Law, Prerogative and Empire (Cambridge Studies in Constitutional Law)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Hegel's Discovery of the Philosophy of Spirit: Autonomy, Alienation, and the Ethical Life: The Jena Lectures 1802-1806 (Renewing Philosophy) - Removed
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Leo Strauss and Emmanuel Levinas: Philosophy and the Politics of Revelation
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Happiness, Morality, and Freedom (Studies in Moral Philosophy)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Place, Commonality and Judgment: Continental Philosophy and the Ancient Greeks
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Character, Liberty and Law: Kantian Essays in Theory and Practice (Library of Ethics and Applied Philosophy) - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] General Principles of Law - The Role of the Judiciary (Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice) - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] State, Soul, and Society: The Transformation of Morality and the Modern State
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Health Professionals and Trust: The Cure for Healthcare Law and Policy (Biomedical Law and Ethics Library)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.