[PDF] Reading Nature's Book: Galileo and the Birth of Modern Philosophy (American University Studies)
Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Fred Ablondi | Publisher: Peter Lang Inc., International Academic Publishers | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 96 | ISBN: 1433131358 | ISBN13: 9781433131356 |
Description: Galileo Galilei (15641642) is widely recognized as one of the greatest scientific thinkers in history. Intriguingly, when offered a place in the Medici court in 1610, he requested the title of Philosopher and Chief Mathematician. Reading Natures Book: Galileo and the Birth of Modern Philosophy is the first book-length study written with undergraduates in mind that examines the philosophical implications (both theoretical and historical) of Galileos scientific discoveries, including many matters that were later taken up by seventeenth- and eighteenth-century philosophers. This close analysis of Galileos philosophical insights demonstrates the prominent place his thought should have in the history of early modern philosophy. Reading Natures Book provides contextual material for college and university students enrolled in modern philosophy courses, introducing them to ideas and concepts that dominated philosophical discussion during the era. Furthermore, students and scholars interested in the history of philosophy of science will also benefit from a decidedly philosophical approach to such a leading scientific figure. Many of the topics explored by Galileo continue to be of philosophical interest today, including scientific methodology and the relation between science and religion.
Reading Nature's Book: Galileo and the Birth of Modern Philosophy (American University Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35642
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Reading Nature's Book: Galileo and the Birth of Modern Philosophy (American University Studies)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Peace in Motion: John Dewey and the Aesthetics of Well-Being (American University Studies)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Reading for Health: Medical Narratives and the Nineteenth-Century Novel (Series in Victorian Studies)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Bohemian Paris: Picasso, Modigliani, Matisse, and the Birth of Modern Art
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Reading Humanitarian Intervention: Human Rights and the Use of Force in International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Reading Up: Middle-Class Readers and the Culture of Success in the Early Twentieth-Century United States
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Reading 'La Regenta': Duplicitous discourse and the entropy of structure (Purdue University Monographs in Romance Languages)
- 2020-04-29Reading for Health: Medical Narratives and the Nineteenth-Century Novel (Series in Victorian Studies)
- 2018-10-16Speaker Jim Wright: Power, Scandal, and the Birth of Modern Politics (PDF)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Forging Capitalism: Rogues, Swindlers, Frauds, and the Rise of Modern Finance
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Spheres of Philosophical Inquiry and the Historiography of Medieval Philosophy (Brill's Studies in Intellectual History)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Map That Changed the World: William Smith and the Birth of Modern Geology
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Model Nazi: Arthur Greiser and the Occupation of Western Poland (Oxford University Studies in Modern European History)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] An Utterly Dark Spot: Gaze and Body in Early Modern Philosophy (The Body, In Theory: Histories of Cultural Materialism)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Writing the Record: The Village Voice and the Birth of Rock Criticism (American Popular Music)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Last Empress: Madame Chiang Kai-shek and the Birth of Modern China
- 2017-11-21[PDF] A City Called Heaven: Chicago and the Birth of Gospel Music (Music in American Life)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Performing Menken: Adah Isaacs Menken and the Birth of American Celebrity
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Self Impression: Life-Writing, Autobiografiction, and the Forms of Modern Literature
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.