Posted on 2018-01-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lise Menn | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 552 | ISBN: 1597567124 | ISBN13: 9781597567121 |
Description: Psycholinguistics: Introduction and Applications, Second Edition is the first textbook in psycholinguistics created for working language professionals and students in speech-language pathology and language education, as well as for students in psychology and linguistics. It provides a clear, lively introduction to research and ideas about how human brains process language in speaking, understanding, and reading. Within a unifying framework of the constant interplay of bottom-up (sensory) and top-down (knowledge-based) processing across all language uses and modalities, it is an integrated, self-contained, fully updated account of psycholinguistics and its clinical and pedagogical applications. In this second edition, author Lise Menn is joined by leading brain researcher and aphasiologist, Nina Dronkers. The significantly revised brain chapter contains current findings on brain structure and function, including the roles of newly-delineated fiber tracts and language areas outside Broca's and Wernicke's areas. Five core chapters (language description, brain structure and function, early and later stages of speech production, experimental psycholinguistics) form the foundation for chapters presenting classical and recent research on aphasia, first language development, reading, and second language learning. A final chapter demonstrates how linguistics and psycholinguistics can and should inform classroom and clinical practice in test design and error analysis, while also explaining the care that must be taken in translating theoretically based ideas into such real-world applications. Concepts from linguistics, neurology, and experimental psychology are kept vivid by illustrations of their uses in the real world, the clinic, and language teaching. Technical terms are clearly explained in context and also in a large reference glossary. The text is now accompanied by a web-based Student Workbook. The Instructor s Manual, also new, is flexibly organized for instructors and students of varying backgrounds.
Psycholinguistics: Introduction and Applications, Second Edition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35512
- 2019-02-27Complex Variables Introduction and Applications Second Edition - Removed
- 2019-02-23Complex Variables Introduction and Applications Second Edition - Removed
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Search Algorithms and Applications, second edition
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Pump Characteristics and Applications, Second Edition (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Biomechanics: Principles and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-10-24[PDF] An Introduction to Cryptography, Second Edition (Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Rheology of Fluid and Semisolid Foods: Principles and Applications: Second Edition (Food Engineering Series)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Power System Transients: Theory and Applications, Second Edition
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Electrochemical Nanofabrication: Principles and Applications, Second Edition
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications, Second Edition
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Ion-Radical Organic Chemistry: Principles and Applications, Second Edition
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Computational Geometry: Algorithms and Applications, Second Edition
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Multilevel Analysis: Techniques and Applications, Second Edition (Quantitative Methodology Series)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Stochastic Differential Equations and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Handbook of Virtual Environments: Design, Implementation, and Applications, Second Edition (Human Factors and Ergonomics)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Optoelectronics: Infrared-Visable-Ultraviolet Devices and Applications, Second Edition (Optical Science and Engineering)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Interactive Data Visualization: Foundations, Techniques, and Applications, Second Edition (360 Degree Business)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Science of Air: Concepts and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Electrical Contacts: Principles and Applications, Second Edition (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.