[PDF] Process Redesign for Health Care Using Lean Thinking: A Guide for Improving Patient Flow and the Quality and Safety of Care
Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David I. Ben-Tovim | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 222 | ISBN: 1138196096 | ISBN13: 9781138196094 |
Description: Process Redesign for Health Care Using Lean Thinking is a response to a simple, but hard to answer, question and is the result of the experiences of a working doctor who was also the chief safety and quality officer of an Australian teaching hospital. At this hospital, he observed that the Emergency Department was staff by talented, well-trained, and respected doctors and nurses. The facilities were modern, and the work load unexceptional, but the department was close to melt down. Bad things were happening to patients, everyone was blaming each other, lots of things had been tried but nothing was getting better and no one could explain why. The problem was not a lack of technical knowledge or expertise, the problem was that no one stood back and said, "whats the best way to move 200 or 300 patients a day through the complicated and varying, sequence of steps needed to sort out the many different problems that bring patients to our department?" These challenges are faced by hospitals and health services all over the world. There are difficulties with patient flow, congestion, queues, inefficient utilization of resources, problems engaging clinical staff in improvement programs, adverse incidents, and budget constraints. Lean thinking and value stream analysis gives hospitals and health services struggling with these issues the insights they need to help themselves. This book provides a method that systematically turns those insights into working programs of service and system redesign. The book is divided into two sections. The first section gives the background to the approach, and systematically works through the Process Redesign methodology, step-by-step. The second section is a series of case studies that show the methodology in action, what worked and what didnt work. The goal of any process redesign is simple: the right care, for the right person, at the right time, in the right place, and right the first time. This book helps the people who work in hospitals and health services realize these goals by working together.
Process Redesign for Health Care Using Lean Thinking: A Guide for Improving Patient Flow and the Quality and Safety of Care.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35789
- 2017-04-03Process Redesign for Health Care Using Lean Thinking A Guide for Improving Patient Flow and the ...
- 2012-03-16Comparative Effectiveness and Efficacy Research and Analysis for Practice (CEERAP): Applications in Health Care By Xenia Maria Caldeira Brant (Editor), Corazon B. Cajulis (Editor), Francesco Chiappelli (Editor)
- 2011-10-31Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions
- 2011-10-01Digital Infrastructure for the Learning Health System: The Foundation for Continuous Improvement in Health and Health Care: Workshop Series Summary (The Learning Health System Series)
- 2011-07-16Digital Infrastructure for the Learning Health System: The Foundation for Continuous Improvement in Health and Health Care: Workshop Series Summary (The Learning Health System Series)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Analysis of Observational Health Care Data Using SAS
- 2012-01-01Pricing the Priceless: A Health Care Conundrum by Joseph P. Newhouse
- 2011-12-28Fostering Rapid Advances in Health Care: Learning from System Demonstrations
- 2011-12-06Fostering Rapid Advances in Health Care: Learning from System Demonstrations
- 2011-11-25Marilyn Sue Bogner, Misadventures In Health Care Inside Stories - Removed
- 2011-09-26Improving the Quality of Health Care for Mental and Substance-Use Conditions: Quality Chasm Series
- 2011-09-21Child and Adolescent Health and Health Care Quality: Measuring What Matters
- 2011-09-12"Pricing the Priceless: A Health Care Conundrum" by Joseph P. Newhouse
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Who's Buying Health Care, 11th ed. (Who's Buying Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] User Centred Networked Health Care: Proceedings of MIE 2011 - Volume 169 Studies in Health Technology and Informatics
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Process Algebra for Parallel and Distributed Processing
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Relationship Power in Health Care: Science of Behavior Change, Decision Making, and Clinician Self-Care
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Biennial Review of Health Care Management (Advances in Health Care Management)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Biennial Review of Health Care Management: Meso Perspectives (Advances in Health Care Management)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.