[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
Posted on 2017-10-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Vaclav Smil | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Technics | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0262014432 | ISBN13: 9780262014434 |
Description: The many books on globalization published over the past few years range from claims that the world is flat to an unlikely rehabilitation of Genghis Khan as a pioneer of global commerce. Missing from these accounts is a consideration of the technologies behind the creation of the globalized economy. What makes it possible for us to move billions of tons of raw materials and manufactured goods from continent to continent? Why are we able to fly almost anywhere on the planet within twenty-four hours? In Prime Movers of Globalization, Vaclav Smil offers a history of two key technical developments that have driven globalization: the high-compression non-sparking internal combustion engines invented by Rudolf Diesel in the 1890s and the gas turbines designed by Frank Whittle and Hans-Joachim Pabst von Ohain in the 1930s. The massive diesel engines that power cargo ships and the gas turbines that propel jet engines, Smil argues, are more important to the global economy than any corporate structure or international trade agreement. Smil compares the efficiency and scale of these two technologies to prime movers of the past, including the sail and the steam engine. The lengthy processes of development, commercialization, and diffusion that the diesel engine and the gas turbine went through, he argues, provide perfect examples of gradual technical advances that receive little attention but have resulted in epochal shifts in global affairs and the global economy.
Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
7364 dl's @ 3762 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
7937 dl's @ 2061 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5150 dl's @ 3770 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
Related Archive Books
Archive Books related to "[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines":
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 32717
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
- 2011-10-03Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines free ebook download
- 2020-12-05Prime Movers of Globalization The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
- 2022-12-05Prime Movers of Globalization The HistImpact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines Smil, Vaclav
- 2022-12-05Two Prime Movers of Globalization The Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines Smil, Vaclav
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Architecture;: An introduction to the history and theory of the art of building.
- 2018-01-05[PDF] World War I Dogfights: The History and Legacy of Aerial Combat during the Great War
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Worldviews: An Introduction to the History and Philosophy of Science
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Past Imperatives: Studies in the History and Theory of Jewish Ethics (S U N Y Series in Jewish Philosophy)
- 2022-07-16Free Download The Alpha and the Female Warrior PDF
- 2022-07-19The Mafia And His Angel S 1, 2, 3
- 2022-07-16The Nerd And The THUG By Neshie M
- 2020-09-13Unsolved!: The History and Mystery of the World's Greatest Ciphers from Ancient Egypt to Online Secret Societies [True PDF]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Encrypted Email: The History and Technology of Message Privacy - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Black Folk Then and Now (The Oxford W.E.B. Du Bois): An Essay in the History and Sociology of the Negro Race
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Art Beyond Borders: Artistic Exchange in Communist Europe (1945-1989) (Leipzig Studies on the History and Culture of East-Central Europe)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Approaches to the History and Dialectology of Arabic: Papers in Honor of Pierre Larcher (Studies in Semitic Languages and Linguistics)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Rosa Luxemburg: A Permanent Challenge for Political Economy: On the History and the Present of Luxemburg's 'Accumulation of Capital' (Luxemburg International Studies in Political Economy) - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Crude Volatility: The History and the Future of Boom-Bust Oil Prices (Center on Global Energy Policy Series)
No comments for "[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.