Posted on 2017-12-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Slater | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 215 | ISBN: 1107077273 | ISBN13: 9781107077270 |
Description: In this book, Michael Slater provides a new assessment of pragmatist views in the philosophy of religion. Focusing on the tension between naturalist and anti-naturalist versions of pragmatism, he argues that the anti-naturalist religious views of philosophers such as William James and Charles Peirce provide a powerful alternative to the naturalism and secularism of later pragmatists such as John Dewey and Richard Rorty. Slater first examines the writings of the 'classical pragmatists' - James, Peirce, and Dewey - and argues for the relevance of their views for thinking about such topics as the nature of religion and the viability of natural theology. His final three chapters engage with the religious views of later pragmatists such as Rorty and Philip Kitcher, and with current philosophical debates over metaphysical realism, naturalism, and evidentialism. His book will be of particular interest to philosophers of religion, theologians, and specialists in American philosophy.
Pragmatism and the Philosophy of Religion.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33966
- 2020-04-30Pragmatism and the Philosophy of Religion
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Kantian Transpositions: Derrida and the Philosophy of Religion
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Oedipus and the Devil: Witchcraft, Religion and Sexuality in Early Modern Europe
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Religion (Schizoanalytic Applications)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Marxism and the Philosophy of Science
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Wittgenstein and the Philosophy of Mind
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Weber and the Persistence of Religion: Social Theory, Capitalism and the Sublime (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Pragmatism and the Search for Coherence in Neuroscience - Removed
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Immortality and the Philosophy of Death
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Weber and the Persistence of Religion: Social Theory, Capitalism and the Sublime (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Wittgenstein and the Philosophy of Mind
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Kierkegaard and the Life of Faith: The Aesthetic, the Ethical, and the Religious in Fear and Trembling (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Transforming Philosophy and Religion: Love's Wisdom (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] A Materialism for the Masses: Saint Paul and the Philosophy of Undying Life (Insurrections: Critical Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Divinity and Maximal Greatness (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Consciousness and the Existence of God: A Theistic Argument (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Religious Experience and the End of Metaphysics (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Kierkegaard and the Catholic Tradition: Conflict and Dialogue (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Creation and the Sovereignty of God (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.