[PDF] Post-Soviet Social: Neoliberalism, Social Modernity, Biopolitics
Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen J. Collier | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0691148317 | ISBN13: 9780691148311 |
Description: The Soviet Union created a unique form of urban modernity, developing institutions of social provisioning for hundreds of millions of people in small and medium-sized industrial cities spread across a vast territory. After the collapse of socialism these institutions were profoundly shaken casualties, in the eyes of many observers, of market-oriented reforms associated with neoliberalism and the Washington Consensus. In Post-Soviet Social, Stephen Collier examines reform in Russia beyond the Washington Consensus. He turns attention from the noisy battles over stabilization and privatization during the 1990s to subsequent reforms that grapple with the mundane details of pipes, wires, bureaucratic routines, and budgetary formulas that made up the Soviet social state. Drawing on Michel Foucault's lectures from the late 1970s, Post-Soviet Social uses the Russian case to examine neoliberalism as a central form of political rationality in contemporary societies. The book's basic finding that neoliberal reforms provide a justification for redistribution and social welfare, and may work to preserve the norms and forms of social modernity lays the groundwork for a critical revision of conventional understandings of these topics.
Post-Soviet Social: Neoliberalism, Social Modernity, Biopolitics.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
8359 dl's @ 2089 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
7708 dl's @ 3384 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5700 dl's @ 2699 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Post-Soviet Social: Neoliberalism, Social Modernity, Biopolitics
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 34986
- 2014-04-05Post-Soviet Social: Neoliberalism, Social Modernity, Biopolitics
- 2014-02-27Post-Soviet Social: Neoliberalism, Social Modernity, Biopolitics
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Post-Soviet Racisms (Mapping Global Racisms) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Post-Soviet Migration and Diasporas: From Global Perspectives to Everyday Practices (Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship) - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Post-Soviet Russia
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Post-Soviet Civil Society: Democratization in Russia and the Baltic States (BASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies) - Removed
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Post-Soviet Civil Society: Democratization in Russia and the Baltic States (BASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies) - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Post-Soviet Russia
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Negotiating Linguistic, Cultural and Social Identities in the Post-Soviet World
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Socio-Economic Foundations of the Russian Post-Soviet Regime: The Resource-Based Economy and Estate-Based Social Structure of Contemporary Russia (Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society) [Russian
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Women, the State and Revolution: Soviet Family Policy and Social Life, 1917-1936 (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies)
- 2020-01-13Social Capital Construction and Governance in Central Asia: Communities and NGOs in post-Soviet Uzbekistan (Politics and History in Central Asia)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Reinvention of Politics: Rethinking Modernity in the Global Social Order
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Soviet Union: Socialist or Social-Imperialist? : Essays Toward the Debate on the Nature of Soviet Society
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Political and Social Thought in Post-Communist Russia (BASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Qualitative Complexity: Ecology, Cognitive Processes and the Re-Emergence of Structures in Post-Humanist Social Theory (International Library of Sociology)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Principia Designae - Pre-Design, Design, and Post-Design: Social Motive for the Highly Advanced Technological Society (Springerbriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology) - Removed
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Religious Resistance to Neoliberalism: Womanist and Black Feminist Perspectives (Black Religion/Womanist Thought/Social Justice) - Removed
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Post, Mine, Repeat: Social Media Data Mining Becomes Ordinary - Removed
No comments for "[PDF] Post-Soviet Social: Neoliberalism, Social Modernity, Biopolitics".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.