Posted on 2017-11-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Amanda Howell | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 188 | ISBN: 0415897203 | ISBN13: 9780415897204 |
Description: Amanda Howell offers a new perspective on the contemporary pop score as the means by which masculinities not seenâ€”or heardâ€”before become a part of post-World War II American cinema. Popular Film Music and Masculinity in Action addresses itself to an eclectic mix of film, from Elvis and Travolta star vehicles to Bruckheimer-produced blockbuster action, including the work of musically-innovative directors, Melvin Van Peebles, Martin Scorsese, Gregg Araki, and Quentin Tarantino. Of particular interest is the way these films and their representations of masculinity are shaped by generic exchanges among contemporary music, music cultures, and film, combining American cinema's long-standing investment in violence-as-spectacle with similarly body-focused pleasures of contemporary youth music. Drawing on scholarship of popular music and the pop score as well as feminist film and media studies, Howell addresses an often neglected area of gender representation by considering cinematic masculinity as an audio-visual construction. Through her analyses of musicâ€™s role in action and other film genres that share its investment in violence, she reveals the mechanisms by which the pop score has helped to reinvent genderâ€”and gendered fictions of male empowermentâ€”in contemporary screen entertainment.
Popular Film Music and Masculinity in Action: A Different Tune.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33646
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Popular Film Music and Masculinity in Action: A Different Tune
- 2020-04-27Popular Film Music and Masculinity in Action: A Different Tune (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Intersecting Film, Music, and Queerness (Palgrave Studies in Audio-Visual Culture) - Removed
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Drawn to Sound: Animation Film Music and Sonicity
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Robert Altman's Soundtracks: Film, Music, and Sound from M*A*S*H to A Prairie Home Companion (Oxford Music/Media Series)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Rush, Rock Music, and the Middle Class: Dreaming in Middletown (Profiles in Popular Music)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Rush, Rock Music, and the Middle Class: Dreaming in Middletown (Profiles in Popular Music)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Robert Altman's Soundtracks: Film, Music, and Sound from M*A*S*H to A Prairie Home Companion (Oxford Music/Media Series)
- 2020-07-24Robert Altman's Soundtracks: Film, Music, and Sound from M*A*S*H to A Prairie Home Companion (Oxford Music / Media)
- 2020-07-21Intersecting Film, Music, and Queerness (Palgrave Studies in Audio-Visual Culture)
- 2020-01-14Contemporary Musical Film (Music and the Moving Image)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Popular Media, Democracy and Development in Africa (Internationalizing Media Studies)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Popular Religious Movements and Heterodox Sects in Chinese Hpopular Religious Movements and Heterodox Sects in Chinese History Istory (China Studies China Studies)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] For Both Cross and Flag: Catholic Action, Anti-Catholicism, and National Security Politics in World War II San Francisco (Urban Life, Landscape and Policy)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Extreme Metal: Music and Culture on the Edge
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Family Men: Fatherhood and Masculinity in Britain, 1914-1960
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Twentieth-Century Music and Politics: Essays in Memory of Neil Edmunds
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Directing: Film Techniques and Aesthetics
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation (Bradford Books)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.