Posted on 2018-01-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Christopher Butler | Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0199288720 | ISBN13: 9780199288724 |
Description: How do the arts give us pleasure? Covering a very wide range of artistic works, from Auden to David Lynch, Rembrandt to Edward Weston, and Richard Strauss to Keith Jarrett, Pleasure and the Arts offers us an explanation of our enjoyable emotional engagements with literature, music, and painting. The arts direct us to intimate and particularized relationships, with the people represented in the works, or with those we imagine produced them. When we listen to music, look at a purely abstract painting, or drink a glass of wine, can we enjoy the experience without verbalizing our response? Do our interpretative assumptions, our awareness of technique, and our attitudes to fantasy, get in the way of our appreciation of art, or enhance it? Examining these questions and more, we discover how curiosity drives us to enjoy narratives, ordinary jokes, metaphors, and modernist epiphanies, and how narrative in all the arts can order and provoke intense enjoyment. Pleasurable in its own right, Pleasure and the Arts presents a sparkling explanation of the enduring interest of artistic expression.
Pleasure and the Arts: Enjoying Literature, Painting, and Music.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34956
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Pleasure and the Arts: Enjoying Literature, Painting, and Music
- 2014-03-10Pleasure and the Arts: Enjoying Literature, Painting, and Music [Repost]
- 2009-07-29Pleasure and the Arts: Enjoying Literature, Painting, and Music
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Neurology of the Arts: Painting, Music, Literature
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Handbook of the Arts in Qualitative Research: Perspectives, Methodologies, Examples, and Issues
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Realism in the Age of Impressionism: Painting and the Politics of Time
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Pleasure and Ambition: The Life, Loves and Wars of Augustus the Strong
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Typecasting: On the Arts and Sciences of Human Inequality
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Technologies of the Gothic in Literature and Culture: Technogothics (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Bullying in the Arts: Vocation, Exploitation and Abuse of Power (Gower Applied Business Research)
- 2017-01-16[PDF] Realism in the Age of Impressionism: Painting and the Politics of Time
- 2012-01-11Criminal Ingenuity: Moore, Cornell, Ashbery, and the Struggle Between the Arts (Modernist Literature and Culture) - Ellen Levy
- 2012-01-04Criminal Ingenuity: Moore, Cornell, Ashbery, and the Struggle Between the Arts (Modernist Literature and Culture) - Ellen Levy
- 2011-11-28Criminal Ingenuity: Moore, Cornell, Ashbery, and the Struggle Between the Arts (Modernist Literature and Culture) - Ellen Levy
- 2011-11-05The Arts (Britannica Learning Library)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Psychology and Music: The Understanding of Melody and Rhythm
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Black & Decker: The Complete Guide to Painting & Decorating (Black & Decker Home Improvement Library)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] All Over the Map: True Heroes of Texas Music (Jack and Doris Smothers Series in Texas History, Life, and Culture)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Physics in the Arts (Complementary Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.