Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nishida Kitaro (AAR Religions in Translation) by John W.M. Krummel, Shigenori Nagatomo | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0199841179 | ISBN13: 9780199841172 |
Description: Place and Dialectic presents two essays by Nishida Kitaro, translated into English for the first time by John W.M. Krummel and Shigenori Nagatomo. Nishida is widely regarded as one of the father figures of modern Japanese philosophy and as the founder of the first distinctly Japanese school of philosophy, the Kyoto school, known for its synthesis of western philosophy, Christian theology, and Buddhist thought. The two essays included here are ''Basho'' from 1926/27 and ''Logic and Life'' from 1936/37. Each essay is divided into several sections and each section is preceded by a synopsis added by the translators. The first essay represents the first systematic articulation of Nishida's philosophy of basho, literally meaning ''place,'' a system of thought that came to be known as ''Nishida philosophy.'' In the second essay, Nishida inquires after the pre-logical origin of what we call logic, which he suggests is to be found within the dialectical unfoldings of world history and human society. A substantial introduction by John Krummel considers the significance of Nishida as a thinker, discusses the key components of Nishida's philosophy as a whole and its development throughout his life, and contextualizes the translated essays within his oeuvre. The Introduction also places Nishida and his work within the historical context of his time, and highlights the relevance of his ideas to the global circumstances of our day. The publication of these two essays by Nishida, a major figure in world philosophy and the most important philosopher of twentieth-century Japan, is of significant value to the fields not only of Asian philosophy and East-West comparative philosophy but also of philosophy in general as well as of theology and religious studies.
Place and Dialectic: Two Essays by Nishida Kitaro (AAR Religions in Translation).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34526
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Place and Dialectic: Two Essays by Nishida Kitaro (AAR Religions in Translation)
- 2016-10-22Place and Dialectic Two Essays by Nishida Kitaro
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Waves and Particles : Two Essays on Fundamental Physics
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Competition in Marketing: Two Essays on the Impact of Information on Managerial Decisions and on Spatial Product Differentiation - Removed
- 2019-12-13Population, Place, and Spatial Interaction: Essays in Honor of David Plane (New Frontiers in Regional Science: Asian Perspectives)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Place and Displacement in the Narrative Worlds of Jorge Luis Borges and Julio Cortazar (Currents in Comparative Romance Languages and Literatures)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Promises and Agreements: Philosophical Essays
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Food and Philosophy: Selected Essays
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Concepts and Categories: Philosophical Essays
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Alma and Amulek - Two CHOSEN Men from The Book of Mormon
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Politics and Process: New Essays in Democratic Thought
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Art and Pornography: Philosophical Essays
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Uncertainty and Economic Evolution: Essays in Honour of Armen Alchian (Routledge Studies in Business Organizations and Networks)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Secrets and Shadows: Two Friends in a World at War
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Intention and Identity: Collected Essays Volume II
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Belichick and Brady: Two Men, the Patriots, and How They Revolutionized Football
- 2017-12-24[PDF] History and Political Economy: Essays in Honour of P.D. Groenewegan (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Presences and Absences - Transdisciplinary Essays
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Leibniz and the Two Sophies: The Philosophical Correspondence (The Other Voice in Early Modern Europe: The Toronto Series, Volume 10)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.