Posted on 2018-01-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Yakov I. Perelman | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 259 | ISBN: 63ce58609001434a96fcc409d2c2402d |
Description: A classic of science education Published in 1913, a best-seller in the 1930s and long out of print, Physics for Entertainment was translated from Russian into many languages and influenced science students around the world. Among them was Grigori Yakovlevich Perelman, the Russian mathematician (unrelated to the author), who solved the Poincare conjecture, and who was awarded and rejected the Fields Medal. Grigori's father, an electrical engineer, gave him Physics for Entertainment to encourage his son's interest in mathematics. In the foreword, the book's author describes the contents as "conundrums, brain-teasers, entertaining anecdotes, and unexpected comparisons," adding, "I have quoted extensively from Jules Verne, H. G. Wells, Mark Twain and other writers, because, besides providing entertainment, the fantastic experiments these writers describe may well serve as instructive illustrations at physics classes." The book's topics included how to jump from a moving car, and why, "according to the law of buoyancy, we would never drown in the Dead Sea." Ideas from this book are still used by science teachers today. Yakov Isidorovich Perelman died in the siege of Leningrad in 1942.
Physics for Entertainment Volume 2.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34909
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Physics for Entertainment Volume 1
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Physics for Scientists and Engineers Student Solutions Manual, Volume 2 (v. 2 & 3)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Physics for Scientists and Engineers Study Guide, Volume 1 - Removed
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Physics for Engineers and Scientists, Volume 2, Third Edition (Chapters 22-36 v. 2)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Physics for Engineers and Scientists, Volume 2, Third Edition (Chapters 22-36 v. 2)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Physics and Philosophy: Volume 4: Philosophical Papers
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach with Modern Physics (4th Edition)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Excel for Accountants Volume 2
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Physics for Animators
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Physics For Dummies, 2 eBook Bundle: Physics I For Dummies & Physics II For Dummies
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Drama for Students Volume 21
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics, 9th edition
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Astronomy for Entertainment
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Physics for the IB Diploma, 2nd edition (Eurostars)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Physics for the IB Diploma Exam Preparation Guide
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Physics for the IB Diploma Coursebook
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Physics for Scientists and Engineers (with PhysicsNOW and InfoTrac )
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Physics for Engineers and Scientists (Third Edition) (Vol. 1)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Physics for Game Developers: Science, math, and code for realistic effects
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.