Posted on 2017-12-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Mack | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 1623560462 | ISBN13: 9781623560461 |
Description: Highlighting literature and philosophy's potential impact on economics, health care, bioethics, public policy and theology, this book analyses the heuristic value of fiction. It alerts us to how we risk succumbing to the deceptions of fiction in our everyday lives, because fictional representations constantly feign to be of the real and claim a reality of their own. Philosophy and literature disclose how the substantive sphere of social, economic and medical practice is sometimes driven and shaped by the affect-ridden and subjective. Analysing a wide range of literatureâ€”from Augustine, Shakespeare, Spinoza and Deleuze to Kafka, Sylvia Plath, Philip Roth, W. G. Sebald and Jonathan Littellâ€”Michael Mack rethinks ethical attitudes towards the long or eternal life. In so doing he shows how philosophy and literature turn representation against itself to expose the hollowness of theologically grand concepts that govern our secular approach towards ethics, economics and medicine. Philosophy and literature help us resist our current infatuation with numbers and the numerical and contribute towards a future politics that is at once singular and diverse.
Philosophy and Literature in Times of Crisis: Challenging our Infatuation with Numbers.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34255
- 2020-05-22Philosophy and Literature in Times of Crisis: Challenging our Infatuation with Numbers
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Corporate Social Responsibility in Times of Crisis: Practices and Cases from Europe, Africa and the World (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Business Strategies and Competitiveness in Times of Crisis: A Survey on Italian SMEs [Italian] - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Philosophy and Resistance in the Crisis: Greece and the Future of Europe
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Between Philosophy and Literature: Bakhtin and the Question of the Subject
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Coming of Age in Times of Crisis: Youth, Schooling, and Patriarchy in a Venezuelan Town - Removed
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Coming of Age in Times of Crisis: Youth, Schooling, and Patriarchy in a Venezuelan Town - Removed
- 2019-12-18New Directions in Philosophy and Literature
- 2019-07-04Logoi and Muthoi Further Essays in Greek Philosophy and Literature
- 2019-01-03Wise Mind, Open Mind Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Philosophy and Logic of Quantum Physics: An Investigation of the Metaphysical and Logical Implications of Quantum Physics (Philosophische Grundlagen der Wissenschaften und ihrer Anwendungen)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Philosophy and the Return of Violence: Studies from this Widening Gyre
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Philosophy and Love: From Plato to Popular Culture
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Philosophy and Breaking Bad - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Philosophy and the Law of Torts (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Law)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Philosophy and Animal Life
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Philosophy and the Politics of Animal Liberation (Political Philosophy and Public Purpose) - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Philosophy and Cognitive Science: Western & Eastern Studies (Studies in Applied Philosophy, Epistemology and Rational Ethics) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.