[PDF] Performativity, Politics, and the Production of Social Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
Posted on 2017-10-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael R. Glass and Reuben Rose-Redwood | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 296 | ISBN: 0415634253 | ISBN13: 9780415634250 |
Description: Theories of performativity have garnered considerable attention within the social sciences and humanities over the past two decades. At the same time, there has also been a growing recognition that the social production of space is fundamental to assertions of political authority and the practices of everyday life. However, comparatively little scholarship has explored the full implications that arise from the confluence of these two streams of social and political thought. This is the first book-length, edited collection devoted explicitly to showcasing geographical scholarship on the spatial politics of performativity. It offers a timely intervention within the field of critical human geography by exploring the performativity of political spaces and the spatiality of performative politics. Through a series of geographical case studies, the contributors to this volume consider the ways in which a performative conception of the "political" might reshape our understanding of sovereignty, political subjectification, and the production of social space. Marking the 20th anniversary of the publication of Judith Butlers classic, Bodies That Matter (1993), this edited volume brings together a range of contemporary geographical works that draw exciting new connections between performativity, space, and politics.
Performativity, Politics, and the Production of Social Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32029
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Performativity, Politics, and the Production of Social Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Transport, Mobility, and the Production of Urban Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Plato, Politics and a Practical Utopia,: Social Constructivism and Civic Planning in the 'Laws'
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Power, Politics and the Emotions: Impossible Governance? (Social Justice)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Power, Politics and the Emotions: Impossible Governance? (Social Justice)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] American Politics and the Environment, Second Edition
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Popular Politics and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Bio-Politics and the Emergence of Modern Architecture (FORuM Project Publications) (Princeton Architectural Press)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Hermeneutics, Politics, and the History of Religions: The Contested Legacies of Joachim Wach and Mircea Eliade
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Business Politics and the State in Twentieth-Century Latin America
- 2018-01-04[PDF] John Searle and the Construction of Social Reality
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Cultural Industries and the Production of Culture (Routledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Dialectics, Politics, and the Contemporary Value of Hegel's Practical Philosophy (Routledge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Philosophy)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] British Travellers and the Encounter with Britain, 1450-1700 (Studies in Early Modern Cultural, Political and Social History)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Democracy, States, and the Struggle for Social Justice
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Cultural Politics and the Transatlantic Divide over GMOs: Cultures of Nature - Removed
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Selves, Bodies and the Grammar of Social Worlds: Reimagining Social Change (Postdisciplinary Studies in Discourse) - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Rules, Politics, and the International Criminal Court: Committing to the Court (Global Institutions)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Anthropology, Politics, and the State: Democracy and Violence in South Asia (New Departures in Anthropology)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.