[PDF] Pedagogies of Public Memory: Teaching Writing and Rhetoric at Museums, Memorials, and Archives (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jane Greer, Laurie Grobman | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 210 | ISBN: 1138903736 | ISBN13: 9781138903739 |
Description: Pedagogies of Public Memory explores opportunities for writing and rhetorical education at museums, archives, and memorials. Readers will follow students working and writing at well-known sites of international interest (e.g., the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum), at local sites (e.g., vernacular memorials in and around Muncie, Indiana and the Central Pennsylvania African American Museum in Reading, Pennsylvania), and in digital spaces (e.g., Florida State Universitys Postcard Archive and The Womens Archive Project at the University of Nebraska Omaha). From composing and delivering museum tours, to designing online memorials that challenge traditional practices of public grief, to producing and publishing a magazine containing the photographs and stories of individuals who lived through historic moments in the Freedom Struggle, to expanding and creating new public archives the pedagogical projects described in this volume create richly textured learning opportunities for students at all levels from first-year writers to graduate students. The students and faculty whose work is represented in this volume undertake to reposition the past in the present and to imagine possible new futures for themselves and their communities. By exploring the production of public memory, this volume raises important new questions about the intersection of rhetoric and remembrance.
Pedagogies of Public Memory: Teaching Writing and Rhetoric at Museums, Memorials, and Archives (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35640
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Performatory Approach to Teaching, Learning and Technology
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Scientific Writing and Communication: Papers, Proposals, and Presentations
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Nutrition in Public Health: Principles, Policies, and Practice, Second Edition
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Dice Have No Memory: Big Bets and Bad Economics from Paris to the Pampas
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Cases on Technologies for Teaching Criminology and Victimology: Methodologies and Practices
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Everyday Arguments: A Guide to Writing and Reading Effective Arguments
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Scientific Writing and Communication in Agriculture and Natural Resources - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Wild Ink: Success Secrets to Writing and Publishing for the Young Adult Market
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Terminology in English Language Teaching: Nature and Use (Linguistic Insights: Studies in Language and Communication)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Fall out of Redemption: Writing and Thinking Beyond Salvation in Baudelaire, Cioran, Fondane, Agamben, and Nancy
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Craft Lessons Second Edition: Teaching Writing K-8
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Nutrition in Public Health: Principles, Policies, and Practice
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Talk For Writing In Secondary Schools:: How To Achieve Effective Reading, Writing And Communication Across The Curriculum
- 2017-11-28[PDF] National Relations: Public Diplomacy, National Identity and the Swedish Institute 1945-1970
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The New Public Intellectual: Politics, Theory, and the Public Sphere - Removed
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Hidden World of Autism: Writing and Art by Children With High-functioning Autism
- 2017-10-31[PDF] The Labour of Memory: Memorial Culture and 7/7 (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies) - Removed
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Basic Skills for Homeschooling: Reading, Writing, and Math for the Middle School Years (Parents' Guides)
- 2017-10-25Scientific Writing and Communication in Agriculture and Natural Resources (PDF) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.