[PDF] Pagan Goddesses in the Early Germanic World: Eostre, Hreda and the Cult of Matrons (Studies in Early Medieval History) [German]
Posted on 2017-10-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Philip A. Shaw | Publisher: Bristol Classical Press | Category: History | Language: German | Page: 128 | ISBN: 0715637975 | ISBN13: 9780715637975 |
Description: This book considers evidence for Germanic goddesses in England and on the Continent, and argues on the basis of linguistic and onomastic evidence that modern scholarship has tended to focus too heavily on the notion of divine functions or spheres of activity, such as fertility or warfare, rather than considering the extent to which goddesses are rooted in localities and social structures. Such local religious manifestations are, it is suggested, more important to Germanic paganisms than is often supposed, and should caution us against assumptions of pan-Germanic traditional beliefs. Linguistic and onomastic evidence is not always well integrated into discussions of historical developments in the early Middle Ages, and this book provides both an introduction to the models and methods employed throughout, and a model for further research into the linguistic evidence for traditional beliefs among the Germanic-speaking communities of early medieval Europe.
Pagan Goddesses in the Early Germanic World: Eostre, Hreda and the Cult of Matrons (Studies in Early Medieval History) [German].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32944
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Living with Disfigurement in Early Medieval Europe (The New Middle Ages)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Vikings in the South: Voyages to Iberia and the Mediterranean (Studies in Early Medieval History)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Gods & Goddesses of the Inca, Maya, and Aztec Civilizations (Gods and Goddesses of Mythology)
- 2020-05-09Vikings in the South: Voyages to Iberia and the Mediterranean (Studies in Early Medieval History)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Smart Electromechanical Systems: The Central Nervous System (Studies in Systems, Decision and Control)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Commercial Republicanism in the Dutch Golden Age (Studies in the History of Political Thought)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The State and Governance in India: The Congress Ideal (Routledge Studies in South Asian History)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Recent Catholic Philosophy: The Nineteenth Century (Marquette Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Armored Trains of the Soviet Union 1917-1945 (Schiffer Military/Aviation History)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Statistics and the German State, 1900-1945: The Making of Modern Economic Knowledge (Cambridge Studies in Modern Economic History) [German]
- 2018-01-02[PDF] New Perspectives on the Origins of Language (Studies in Language Companion Series)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed (Turning Points in Ancient History)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] 2011 China's Trade Performance Report: World Economy Restructuring and China's Trade
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Recent Catholic Philosophy: The Twentieth Century (Marquette Studies in Philosophy No. 71)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] On Historical Distance (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-century Culture & History)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Aegean Greece in the Fourth Century BC (Studies in Ancient Medicine)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Sir Edward Coke and the Reformation of the Laws: Religion, Politics and Jurisprudence, 1578-1616 (Cambridge Studies in English Legal History)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Two Thousand Years of Economic Statistics: World Population, GDP and PPP
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Civilizations and World Order: Geopolitics and Cultural Difference (Global Encounters: Studies in Comparative Political Theory)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.