Posted on 2017-12-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nancy Foner | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0231159366 |
Description: This absorbing anthology features in-depth portraits of diverse ethnic populations, revealing the surprising new realities of immigrant life in twenty-first-century New York City. Contributors show how nearly fifty years of massive inflows have transformed New York City's economic and cultural life and how the city has changed the lives of immigrant newcomers. Nancy Foner's introduction describes New York's role as a special gateway to America. Subsequent essays focus on the Chinese, Dominicans, Jamaicans, Koreans, Liberians, Mexicans, and Jews from the former Soviet Union now present in the city and fueling its population growth. They discuss both the large numbers of undocumented Mexicans living in legal limbo and the new, flourishing community organizations offering them opportunities for advancement. They recount the experiences of Liberians fleeing a war torn country and their creation of a vibrant neighborhood on Staten Island's North Shore. Through engaging, empathetic portraits, contributors consider changing Korean-owned businesses and Chinese Americans' increased representation in New York City politics, among other achievements and social and cultural challenges. A concluding chapter follows the prospects of the U.S.-born children of immigrants as they make their way in New York City.
One Out of Three: Immigrant New York in the Twenty-First Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34253
- 2017-01-13[PDF] One Out of Three: Immigrant New York in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Carbon Nanotubes and Related Structures: New Materials for the Twenty-first Century
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Territories of Difference: Place, Movements, Life, Redes (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Storytelling Globalization from the Chaco and Beyond (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Fixing College Education: A New Curriculum for the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-11-14[PDF] The New Physics for the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Staging China: New Theatres in the Twenty-First Century (Chinese Literature and Culture in the World) - Removed
- 2017-04-07[PDF] John Dewey's Educational Philosophy in International Perspective: A New Democracy for the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-05-05Staging China: New Theatres in the Twenty-First Century (Chinese Literature and Culture in the World)
- 2020-04-29Arab Nationalism in the Twentieth Century: From Triumph to Despair - New Edition with a new chapter on the twenty-first-century Arab world
- 2020-01-01Environmental Policy: New Directions for the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-11-21Landscapes of Power: Politics of Energy in the Navajo Nation (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- 2018-12-28Designs for the Pluriverse Radical Interdependence, Autonomy, and the Making of Worlds (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- 2018-09-21Cataclysms A New Geology for the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-01-23[PDF] A Brief History of Archaeology: Classical Times to the Twenty-First Century 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Fields of Faith: Theology and Religious Studies for the Twenty-first Century
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Suspicions of Markets: Critical Attacks from Aristotle to the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Global History of War: From Assyria to the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.