Posted on 2017-10-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Molly O'Neill | Category: Cooking | Language: English | Page: 864 | ISBN: 0743232704 | ISBN13: 9780743232708 |
Description: From noted food writer Molly Oâ€™Neill comes a lavish portrait of our nationâ€™s contemporary culinary tradition with the best recipes from the greatest home cooks. Ten years ago, former New York Times food columnist Molly Oâ€™Neill embarked on a transcontinental road trip to investigate reports that Americans had stopped cooking at home. As she traveled highways, dirt roads, bayous, and coastlines gathering stories and recipes, it was immediately apparent that dire predictions about the end of American cuisine were vastly overstated. From Park Avenue to trailer parks, from tidy suburbs to isolated outposts, home cooks were channeling their family histories as well as their tastes and personal ambitions into delicious meals. One decade and over 300,000 miles later, One Big Table is a celebration of these cooks, a mouthwatering portrait of the nation at the table. Meticulously selected from more than 20,000 contributions, the cookbookâ€™s 600 recipes are a definitive portrait of what we eat and why. In this lavish volumeâ€”illustrated throughout with historic photographs, folk art, vintage advertisements, and family snapshotsâ€”Oâ€™Neill celebrates heirloom recipes like the Doughty familyâ€™s old-fashioned black duck and dumplings that originated on a long-vanished island off Virginiaâ€™s Eastern Shore, the Pueblo tamales that Norma Naranjo makes in her horno in New Mexico, as well as modern riffs such as a Boston teenagerâ€™s recipe for asparagus soup scented with nigella seeds and truffle oil. Many recipes offer a bridge between first-generation immigrants and their progenyâ€”the bucatini with dandelion greens and spring garlic that an Italian immigrant and his grandson forage for in the Vermont woodsâ€”while others are contemporary variations that embody each generationâ€™s restless obsession with distinguishing itself from its predecessors. Oâ€™Neill cooks with artists, writers, doctors, truck drivers, food bloggers, scallop divers, horse trainers, potluckers, and gourmet club members. In a world where takeout is just a phone call away, One Big Table reminds us of the importance of remaining connected to the food we put on our tables. As this brilliantly edited collection shows on every page, the glories of a home-cooked meal prove how every generation has enriched and expanded our idea of American food. Every recipe in this book is a testament to the way our memoriesâ€”historical, cultural, and personalâ€”are bound up in our favorite and best family dishes. As Oâ€™Neill writes, â€œMost Americans cook from the heart as well as from a distinctly American yearning, something I could feel but couldnâ€™t describe until thousands of miles of highway helped me identify it in myself: hometown appetite. This book is a journey through hundreds of â€˜hometownsâ€™ that fuel the American appetite, recipe by recipe, bite by bite.â€
One Big Table.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32953
- 2019-07-01One Big Table 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, fishermen, pit-masters, and...
- 2018-01-12[PDF] One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born to Do
- 2018-01-22[PDF] One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Big Book of One Direction
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Basque Table: Passionate Home Cooking from One of Europe's Great Regional Cuisines
- 2017-12-20[PDF] One World, Big Screen: Hollywood, the Allies, and World War II
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Big Book Of One Pot Recipes: More Than 500 One Pot Recipes for Easy, Flavorful Meals
- 2017-11-05[PDF] A Simple Table: Fresh and Fabulous Recipes for One Pot, Two Bowls, Four Plates or Many Platters
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Big Table, Busy Kitchen
- 2013-09-18Download Big Table, Busy Kitchen: 200 Recipes for Life by Allegra McEvedy (Author) PDF - Removed
- 2020-12-26Everything You Need to Ace Geometry in One Big Fat Notebook
- 2020-10-12One Big Home 2016 1080p WEBRip x265-RARBG
- 2020-10-07Everything You Need to Ace Chemistry in One Big Fat Notebook
- 2020-10-07Everything You Need to Ace Chemistry in One Big Fat Notebook (Big Fat Note)
- 2020-10-07Everything You Need to Ace Geometry in One Big Fat Notebook
- 2020-09-13Everything You Need to Ace American History in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide - Removed
- 2020-08-31Everything You Need to Ace Chemistry in One Big Fat Notebook (Big Fat Notebooks) - Removed
- 2020-08-31Everything You Need to Ace Geometry in One Big Fat Notebook (Big Fat Notebooks)
- 2018-05-10Flash's Song How One Small Dog Turned into One Big Miracle
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.