Posted on 2017-12-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alexandra Horowitz | Publisher: Scribner | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1439191263 | ISBN13: 9781439191262 |
Description: A woman walks around New York with strangers: looking for people with unhealthy gaits, turning over leaves to find parasitized flies, and critiquing unseemly awning lettering. Alexandra Horowitz takes walks with both experts among them a geologist and a sound engineer and with amateurs among them her nineteen month-old son and a blind woman to see her everyday world with new eyes. In the narrative Horowitz states, "Sometimes we see least the things we see most." Through her walks the author brings attention to our inattention. In our world of social networking, we are often not present in the spaces we move through. Horowitz uses the expertise of her co-strollers to illustrate the wisdom of age-old maxims about being aware and living in the present moment. Some passages contain excellent scientific descriptions, such as why birds sing at dawn, and then Horowitz effortlessly turns to vivid prose that captures the imagery and simple beauty of the flight of pigeons. In On Looking, Horowitz wrote a narrative that reads like Malcolm Gladwell infused with eastern philosophy. Although everyone could benefit from the lessons Horowitz presents, the book will best serve those readers perceptive enough to realize their current lack of perception.
On Looking: A Walker's Guide to the Art of Observation.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34463
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Sources of Value - A Practical Guide to the Art and Science of Valuation
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Advanced Bushcraft: An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Wirework w/DVD: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Wire Wrapping
- 2017-11-13[PDF] AIRCRAFT WRECKS: A WALKER'S GUIDE: Historic Crash sites on the Moors and Mountains of the British Isles
- 2019-07-10%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival by Dave Canterbury Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design
- 2018-01-30[PDF] New Frontiers of Philanthropy: A Guide to the New Tools and New Actors that Are Reshaping Global Philanthropy and Social Investing
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Diving in Southeast Asia: A Guide to the Best Sites in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand (Periplus Action Guides)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Code Check Building: A Field Guide to the Building Codes
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Electrons in metals A short guide to the Fermi surface
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Live Streaming Your Business: A Guide for the Creative Entrepreneur
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Game Audio Implementation: A Practical Guide Using the Unreal Engine
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Cacti and Succulents: An Illustrated Guide to the Plants and their Cultivation
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Drink Dat New Orleans: A Guide to the Best Cocktail Bars, Neighborhood Pubs, and All-Night Dives
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Mudras of India: A Comprehensive Guide to the Hand Gestures of Yoga and Indian Dance
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Photography 4.0: A Teaching Guide for the 21st Century: Educators Share Thoughts and Assignments (Photography Educators Series)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Nikon D3100 (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Advanced Project Management: A Complete Guide to the Key Processes, Models and Techniques
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Vector Analysis: A Physicist's Guide to the Mathematics of Fields in Three Dimensions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.