Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Marie-Luise Kohlke, Christian Gutleben | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 422 | ISBN: 9042034378 | ISBN13: 9789042034372 |
Description: Tracing representations of re-imagined Victorian families in literature, film and television, and social discourse, this collection, the second volume in Rodopi's Neo-Victorian Series, analyses the historical trajectory of persistent but increasingly contested cultural myths that coalesce around the heterosexual couple and nuclear family as the supposed 'normative' foundation of communities and nations, past and present. It sheds new light on the significance of families as a source of fluctuating cultural capital, deployed in diverse arenas from political debates, social policy and identity politics to equal rights activism, and analyses how residual as well as emergent ideologies of family are mediated and critiqued by contemporary arts and popular culture. This volume will be of interest to researchers and students of neo-Victorian studies, as well as scholars in contemporary literature and film studies, cultural studies and the history of the family. Situating the nineteenth-century family both as a site of debilitating trauma and the means of ethical resistance against multivalent forms of oppression, neo-Victorian texts display a fascinating proliferation of alternative family models, albeit overshadowed by the apparent recalcitrance of familial ideologies to the same historical changes neo-Victorianism reflects and seeks to promote within the cultural imaginary.
Neo-Victorian Families: Gender, Sexual and Cultural Politics.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35786
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Women Under Islam: Gender, Justice and the Politics of Islamic Law (Library of Islamic Law)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Slumming: Sexual and Social Politics in Victorian London
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Sexing the Caribbean: Gender, Race and Sexual Labor
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Neo-Victorian Fiction and Historical Narrative: The Victorians and Us - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Inventing the Mathematician: Gender, Race, and Our Cultural Understanding of Mathematics
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Sexing the Caribbean: Gender, Race and Sexual Labor
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Neo-Victorian Fiction and Historical Narrative: The Victorians and Us
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Appetite: Regulation, Use of Stimulants and Cultural and Biological Influences
- 2018-01-31[PDF] For Whose Benefit?: The Biological and Cultural Evolution of Human Cooperation
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Spanish Gothic: National Identity, Collaboration and Cultural Adaptation (Palgrave Gothic) [Spanish] - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Rites of Return: Diaspora Poetics and the Politics of Memory (Gender and Culture Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Community Genograms: Using Individual, Family And Cultural Narratives With Clients (Multicultural Foundations of Psychology and Counseling)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] European Francophonie: The Social, Political and Cultural History of an International Prestige Language (Historical Sociolinguistics)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] On the Frontlines: Gender, War, and the Post-Conflict Process
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Desire of the Analysts: Psychoanalysis and Cultural Criticism (S U N Y Series in Psychoanalysis and Culture)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Managing the Margins: Gender, Citizenship, and the International Regulation of Precarious Employment
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Hunting for Hides: Deerskins, Status, and Cultural Change in the Protohistoric Appalachians
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Anti-Veiling Campaigns in the Muslim World: Gender, Modernism and the Politics of Dress (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series) - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Sexing La Mode: Gender, Fashion and Commercial Culture in Old Regime France
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.