[PDF] Naval Power and Expeditionary Wars: Peripheral Campaigns and New Theatres of Naval Warfare (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
Posted on 2017-11-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bruce A. Elleman | Publisher: Routledge | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0415546087 | ISBN13: 9780415546089 |
Description: This book examines the nature and character of naval expeditionary warfare, in particular in peripheral campaigns, and the contribution of such campaigns to the achievement of strategic victory. Naval powers, which can lack the massive ground forces to win in the main theatre, often choose a secondary theatre accessible to them by sea and difficult for their enemies to reach by land, giving the sea power and its expeditionary forces the advantage. The technical term for these theatres is peripheral operations. The subject of peripheral campaigns in naval expeditionary warfare is central to the British, the US, and the Australian way of war in the past and in the future. All three are reluctant to engage large land forces because of the high human and economic costs. Instead, they rely as much as possible on sea and air power, and the latter is most often in the form of carrier-based aviation. In order to exert pressure on their enemies, they have often opened additional theaters in on-going, regional, and civil wars. This book contains thirteen case studies by some of the foremost naval historians from the United States, Great Britain, and Australia whose collected case studies examine the most important peripheral operations of the last two centuries.
Naval Power and Expeditionary Wars: Peripheral Campaigns and New Theatres of Naval Warfare (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33895
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Naval Power and Expeditionary Wars: Peripheral Campaigns and New Theatres of Naval Warfare (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
- 2013-03-08Naval Power and Expeditionary Wars: Peripheral Campaigns and New Theatres of Naval Warfare - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Maritime Power and the Law of the Sea:: Expeditionary Operations in World Politics
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Media, Power and Empowerment: Central and Eastern European Communication and Media Conference Ceecom Prague 2012
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Class, Power and the State in Capitalist Society: Essays on Ralph Miliband - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Naval Policy Between the Wars: The Period of Anglo-American Antagonism 1919-1929
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Naval Policy Between the Wars: The Period of Reluctant Rearmament, 1930-1939
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Music, Power, and Politics
- 2018-01-20[PDF] State, Power and Politics in the Making of the Modern Middle East
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Air Power and Maneuver Warfare
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Power and Value of Music: Its Effect and Ethos in Classical Authors and Contemporary Music Theory (Medieval Interventions)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Risk, Power, and Inequality in the 21st Century - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Genius, Power and Magic: A Cultural History of Germany from Goethe to Wagner [German]
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Power and the People: Paths of Resistance in the Middle East
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Private Power and Global Authority: Transnational Merchant Law in the Global Political Economy (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Politics, Power and Community Development (Rethinking Community Development)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Nuclear Power and Non-Proliferation: The Remaking of U.S. Policy
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2017-12-14[PDF] State Power and Democracy: Before and During the Presidency of George W. Bush - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.