Posted on 2017-10-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ed Gilbert, Raffaele Ruggeri | Publisher: Osprey Publishing; 1st | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 64 | ISBN: 1846032695 | ISBN13: 9781846032691 |
Description: Description: 'Were it not for the Navajo Code Talkers the Marines would never have taken Iwo Jima and other places' (Anonymous, Marine Corps signal officer). Ed Gilbert uses personal interviews with veterans to tell their fascinating story. Beginning with the first operational use of Native American languages in World War I, he explores how in World War II the US again came to employ this subtle, but powerful 'weapon.' Despite all efforts, the Japanese were never able to decode their messages and the Navajo code talkers contributed significantly to US victories in the Pacific. Approximately 400 Navajos served in this crucial role. Their legend of the 'code talker' has been celebrated by Hollywood in films, such as Windtalkers, and this book reveals the real-life story of their extraordinary involvement in World War II. Reviews: "There is further enhancement of the reading experience with period photos and the illustrations of R. Ruggeri. It is a book that I know you will find to be an excellent read and one that I can highly recommend to you." - Scott Van Aken, ModelingMadness.com (April 2008) "Ed Gilbert's Native American Code Talker in World War II [uses] personal interviews with veteran code talkers to tell of their use during World Wars I and II." - California Bookwatch (May 2008) "When Hollywood presented the film Windtalkers, it generated a lot of interest on this topic. This book would be an excellent companion to those who enjoyed the film, as one could never trust Hollywood to present history with a satisfactory degree of accuracy... Native American Code Talker in World War II is a great resource to learn more about the code talkers." - Brian John Murphy, America in WWII (August 2008)
Native American Code Talker in World War II (Warrior).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32345
- 2021-04-17Native American Code Talker in World War II (PDF)
- 2013-12-09Native American Code Talker in World War II (Osprey Warrior 127) (repost)
- 2011-10-18Warrior 127, Native American Code Talker in World War II
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The American Aircraft Factory in World War II
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The American Expeditionary Forces in World War I (Osprey Battle Orders 006)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The American Popular Novel After World War II: A Study of 25 Best Sellers, 1947-2000
- 2017-10-23[PDF] African American Urban History since World War II (Historical Studies of Urban America) - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] African American Urban History since World War II (Historical Studies of Urban America) - Removed
- 2012-05-20Over There!: The American Soldier in World War I (The G.I.Series #7)
- 2011-10-20United States Army in the World War, 1917-1919 Volume 1: Organization of the American Expeditionary Forces
- 2021-04-05Navajo Code Talkers: Secret American Indian Heroes of World War II
- 2018-01-28[PDF] American PT Boats in World War II:
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Honor Before Glory: The Epic World War II Story of the Japanese American GIs Who Rescued the Lost Battalion
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Blood On The Sea: American Destroyers Lost In World War II
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Native American History: A Chronology of a Culture's Vast Achievements and Their Links to World Events - Removed
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Lincoln's Code: The Laws of War in American History.
- 2017-12-27[PDF] American Nightfighter Aces of World War 2 (Aircraft of the Aces)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Nuclear Apartheid: The Quest for American Atomic Supremacy from World War II to the Present
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Missing A Story of American Merchant Mariners in World War II
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.