Posted on 2018-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Herbert Aptheker | Publisher: Dover Publications | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 0486452727 | ISBN13: 9780486452722 |
Description: In the summer of 1831, a band of some forty slaves led by Nat Turner attacked slave-owning residents of Southampton County, Virginia. One of the largest and most violent revolts in the history of the young nation, the rebellion took the lives of some sixty white men, women, and children. An outcry against the South's exploitative slave system, the revolt was suppressed within forty-eight hours, and Turner, who eluded authorities for months, was eventually captured, sentenced to death, and executed. The impact of Turner's uprising was monumental. Abolitionists looked for ways to encourage and support future insurrections while white Southerners took revenge on both slave and free African-Americans. Nearly 200 blacks, many of whom had nothing to do with the rebellion, were beaten, tortured, and murdered by white mobs. Herbert Aptheker's account of the bloodiest slave uprising in U.S. history was the first full-length study of its kind. Meticulously researched, it explores the nature of Southern society in the early nineteenth century and the conditions that led to the rebellion. Described by the Journal of American History as "a thorough and scholarly treatment," the text includes Turner's "Confessions," recorded before his execution in 1831. Plus, the events in this book helped inspire the acclaimed 2016 movie Birth of a Nation.
Nat Turner's Slave Rebellion: Including the 1831 'Confessions' (African American).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35248
- 2010-08-30Nat Turner: A Slave Rebellion in History and MemorySlave
- 2009-03-25The Fires of Jubilee: Nat Turner's Fierce Rebellion
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Microsoft SQL Server Mobile Reports: Including the Microsoft SQL Server Report Publisher Update
- 2017-12-13[PDF] After Further Review: My Life Including the Infamous, Controversial, and Unforgettable Calls That Changed the NFL
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Day Hikes Around Missoula, Montana: Including The Bitterroots And The Seeley-Swan Valley
- 2011-09-16Calling Out Liberty: The Stono Slave Rebellion and the Universal Struggle for Human Rights - Removed
- 2011-07-12Calling Out Liberty: The Stono Slave Rebellion and the Universal Struggle for Human Rights - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] From Higher Aims to Hired Hands: The Social Transformation of American Business Schools and the Unfulfilled Promise of Management as a Profession
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Idols of Modernity: Movie Stars of the 1920s (Star Decades: American Culture/American Cinema)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Acting for America: Movie Stars of the 1980s (Star Decades: American Culture/American Cinema)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Encyclopedia of African-American Heritage
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Motherlove in Shades of Black: The Maternal Psyche in the Novels of African American Women
- 2018-01-02[PDF] After Redemption: Jim Crow and the Transformation of African American Religion in the Delta, 1875-1915
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Struggles for Equal Voice: The History of African American Media Democracy
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Shining in Shadows: Movie Stars of the 2000s (Star Decades: American Culture/American Cinema)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Cross the Water Blues: African American Music in Europe (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Ethnomusicologizing: Essays on Music in the New Paradigms (African American Cultural Theory and Heritage)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Southern Religion and Christian Diversity in the Twentieth Century (Religion & American Culture)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] There's Always Work at the Post Office: African American Postal Workers and the Fight for Jobs, Justice, and Equality
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.