Posted on 2017-11-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Arnold Thackray, David Brock, Rachel Jones | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0465055648 |
Description: Our world today from the phone in your pocket to the car that you drive, the allure of social media to the strategy of the Pentagon has been shaped irrevocably by the technology of silicon transistors. Year after year, for half a century, these tiny switches have enabled ever-more startling capabilities. Their incredible proliferation has altered the course of human history as dramatically as any political or social revolution. At the heart of it all has been one quiet Californian: Gordon Moore. At Fairchild Semiconductor, his seminal Silicon Valley startup, Moore a young chemist turned electronics entrepreneur had the defining insight: silicon transistors, and microchips made of them, could make electronics profoundly cheap and immensely powerful. Microchips could double in power, then redouble again in clockwork fashion. History has borne out this insight, which we now call "Moore's Law", and Moore himself, having recognized it, worked endlessly to realize his vision. With Moore's technological leadership at Fairchild and then at his second start-up, the Intel Corporation, the law has held for fifty years. The result is profound: from the days of enormous, clunky computers of limited capability to our new era, in which computers are placed everywhere from inside of our bodies to the surface of Mars. Moore led nothing short of a revolution. In Moore's Law, Arnold Thackray, David C. Brock, and Rachel Jones give the authoritative account of Gordon Moore's life and his role in the development both of Silicon Valley and the transformative technologies developed there. Told by a team of writers with unparalleled access to Moore, his family, and his contemporaries, this is the human story of man and a career that have had almost superhuman effects. The history of twentieth-century technology is littered with overblown "revolutions." Moore's Law is essential reading for anyone seeking to learn what a real revolution looks like.
Moore's Law: The Life of Gordon Moore, Silicon Valley's Quiet Revolutionary.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33225
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Moore's Law: The Life of Gordon Moore, Silicon Valley's Quiet Revolutionary
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted (A Merloyd Lawrence Book) - Removed
- 2017-12-11[PDF] First Girl Scout: The Life of Juliette Gordon Low
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2020-03-03Gresham’s Law: The Life and World of Queen Elizabeth I's Banker
- 2018-06-03Marshall Law The Life & Times of a Baltimore Black Panther
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Finding Everett Ruess: The Life and Unsolved Disappearance of a Legendary Wilderness Explorer
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Food for Africa: The Life and Work of a Scientist in GM Crops
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Multiscale Problems in the Life Sciences: From Microscopic to Macroscopic (Lecture Notes in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] European Competition Law: The Impact of the Commission's Guidance on Article 102
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Hedy's Folly: The Life and Breakthrough Inventions of Hedy Lamarr, the Most Beautiful Woman in the World
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Expect Great Things: The Life and Search of Henry David Thoreau
- 2018-01-27[PDF] A Tragic Honesty: The Life and Work of Richard Yates
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Highway to Hell: The Life and Times of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Arndt's Story: The life of an Australian economist
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Nature's Oracle: The Life and Work of W. D. Hamilton
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Joan de Valence: The Life and Influence of a Thirteenth-Century Noblewoman (Palgrave Macmillan The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.