Posted on 2017-12-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cranford Pratt | Publisher: Mcgill Queens Univ Pr | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0773507256 | ISBN13: 9780773507258 |
Description: During the 1970s the picture looked very different. The countries involved in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development gave the impression that they felt it their duty to help the Third World. Since the beginning of the 1980s, however, this attitude has disappeared from the foreign policy agenda of one developed country after another. It seems that only when a state's self-interest is at risk does a concern for humanistic values emerge. Canada, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden the key middle powers have long been regarded as significantly more responsive to the needs of the Third World than most of the other rich industrialized nations. Middle Power Internationalism helps to identify the scope and limitations of the foreign policies of these middle power countries with respect to what Cranford Pratt terms "humane internationalism." Asbjrn Lvbraek describes the major effort in the 1970s to mobilize middle power support for the New International Economic Order. Bernard Wood considers the prospects for effective co-operation between the middle powers of the North and the South. And Raphael Kaplinsky studies the likely impact of new technologies and new methods of production on the economies, and consequently on the North-South policies, of the industrial middle powers. Cranford Pratt concludes with a reflective essay in which he discusses the constraints upon middle power internationalism and the future of middle power diplomacy.
Middle Power Internationalism: The North-South Dimension.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34078
- 2012-05-19Mustangs Over Korea: The North American F-51 at War 1950-1953
- 2021-08-10Routledge ECPR Studies in European Political Science Jean Grugel Wil Hout Regionalism across the North South Divide State Strategies and Globalization Routledge 1998
- 2020-12-04Global Childhoods beyond the North-South Divide
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Class, Power and the State in Capitalist Society: Essays on Ralph Miliband - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Pyramid Power II: The Scientific Evidence (The Flanagan Revelations Book 4)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Japanese Prostitutes in the North American West, 1887-1920 (Emil and Kathleen Sick Book Series in Western History and Biography)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] 101 Power Crystals: The Ultimate Guide to Magical Crystals, Gems, and Stones for Healing and Transformation
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Tax Power For The Self-Employed: Straightforward Advice From An Expert
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Maritime Power and the Law of the Sea:: Expeditionary Operations in World Politics
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Mustangs Over Korea: The North American F-51 at War 1950-1953 (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Wind Power for the World: International Reviews and Developments (Pan Stanford Series on Renewable Energy)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Fire and Brimstone: The North Butte Mining Disaster of 1917
- 2017-12-16[PDF] All Power to the Councils!: A Documentary History of the German Revolution of 1918-1919
- 2017-12-15[PDF] After Lincoln: How the North Won the Civil War and Lost the Peace
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Savoring Power, Consuming the Times: The Metaphors of Food in Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature [Italian]
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Henry Watterson and the New South: The Politics of Empire, Free Trade, and Globalization (Topics in Kentucky History)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Smart Power Generation : The Future of Electricity Production
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Intellectual Life and the American South, 1810-1860: An Abridged Edition of Conjectures of Order
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Prestate Societies of the North Central European Plains: 600-900 CE (SpringerBriefs in Anthropology / SpringerBriefs in Human Ecology) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.