[PDF] Merchants of Men: How Jihadists and ISIS Turned Kidnapping and Refugee Trafficking into a Multi-Billion Dollar Business
Posted on 2017-12-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Loretta Napoleoni | Publisher: Seven Stories Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1609807081 | ISBN13: 9781609807085 |
Description: A powerful and sophisticated underground business delivers thousands of refugees a day all along the Mediterranean coasts of Europe. The new breed of criminals that controls it has risen out of the political chaos of post-9/11 Western foreign policy and the fiasco of the Arab Spring. These merchants of men are intertwined with jihadist armed organizations such as al Qaeda in the Maghreb. They have prospered smuggling cocaine from West Africa and kidnapping Westerners. More recently, the destabilization of Syria and Iraq coupled with the rise of ISIS offered them new business opportunities in the Middle East, from selling Western hostages to jihadist groups to trafficking in refugees numbering in the millions. Overall, the kidnapping industry today is bigger than the illegal drug trade and worth hundreds of billions of dollars annually. Merchants of Men is based on exclusive access to hostage negotiators actively involved in ransom negotiations and rescue missions, counter-terrorism experts, members of security services, and former hostages, among many others. The reader will discover that the protocols of prevention and rescue change according to the type of abduction and the designated targets, and will come to know first hand the range of experiences of kidnapping victims. Will the West once again reap the benefits of the political chaos it has sown in its own backyard? From colonization to the advent of "friendly" dictatorial regimes, today's fast-aging European nations are buyers on the refugee market. New workers are needed, and the merchants of men are supplying them. But only skilled, highly educated refugees are wanted. As a tsunami of migrants and refugees floods Europe, new questions almost too numerous to count must be answered.
Merchants of Men: How Jihadists and ISIS Turned Kidnapping and Refugee Trafficking into a Multi-Billion Dollar Business.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34306
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Race Horse Men: How Slavery and Freedom Were Made at the Racetrack
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Boys Among Men: How the Prep-To-Pro Generation Redefined the NBA and Sparked a Basketball Revolution
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Applied Investment Theory: How Markets and Investors Behave, and Why - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Health 4.0: How Virtualization and Big Data are Revolutionizing Healthcare - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Pack of Thieves: How Hitler and Europe Plundered the Jews and Committed the Greatest Theft in History
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Responsibility of Command: How Un and NATO Commanders Influenced Airpower Over Bosnia
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Free for All: How LINUX and the Free Software Movement Undercut the High-Tech Titans
- 2018-01-18[PDF] East Asian Men: Masculinity, Sexuality and Desire - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Drawing the Line: How Mason and Dixon Surveyed the Most Famous Border in America
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Your Anxious Child: How Parents and Teachers Can Relieve Anxiety in Children
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Answers for Aristotle: How Science and Philosophy Can Lead Us to A More Meaningful Life
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Ruling by Statute: How Uncertainty and Vote Buying Shape Lawmaking
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Humane Economy: How Innovators and Enlightened Consumers Are Transforming the Lives of Animals
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Collaboration Challenge: How Nonprofits and Businesses Succeed Through Strategic Alliances
- 2017-12-26[PDF] House of Debt: How They (and You) Caused the Great Recession, and How We Can Prevent It from Happening Again - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Metropolitan Revolution: How Cities and Metros Are Fixing Our Broken Politics and Fragile Economy (Brookings Focus Book)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Acting Like Men: Gender, Drama, and Nostalgia in Ancient Greece
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Chaos Imperative: How Chance and Disruption Increase Innovation, Effectiveness, and Success
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Data-Driven Healthcare: How Analytics and BI are Transforming the Industry (Wiley and SAS Business Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.